NEW YORK--PRIMEDIA Inc. , America's leading targeted media company, today announced that its Enthusiast Media Segment acquired Toronto-based VerticalScope Inc.’s Modified Automotive Group (MAG), publisher of Modified Magazine, Modified Luxury & Exotics Magazine, Modified Mustangs Magazine, and their related event partnerships and websites. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
“The Modified Automotive Group has been an outstanding growth company. PRIMEDIA, as a strategic buyer, is ideally positioned to leverage Modified’s assets for growth into the future primarily by cross-selling with PRIMEDIA’s existing brands, and realizing numerous economies of scale, particularly in the areas of sales, production, distribution, and direct mail,” said Steve Parr, President of PRIMEDIA Enthusiast Media.
MAG was founded in July 2002, with the premiere issue of Modified Magazine, a performance magazine for sport compact and import car enthusiasts. MAG has delivered strong revenue growth in each year of its existence. The Modified brand is well known and highly respected by both marketers and enthusiasts.
Modified Luxury & Exotics Magazine was launched in November, 2004, and caters primarily to the high-end market. Modified Mustangs, launched in October 2005, skews toward a younger demographic. All three MAG publications complement PRIMEDIA’s existing assets and broaden PRIMEDIA’s addressable market.
“In addition to the synergies we expect to realize, we intend to expand Modified’s online presence, begin to generate licensing revenue using Modified’s strong brands, and benefit from Modified’s event partnerships,” Parr added.
VerticalScope was represented in the sale by DeSilva & Phillips, LLC.
PRIMEDIA is the leading targeted media company in the United States. With 2005 revenue from continuing operations of $822 million, its properties comprise over 100 brands that connect buyers and sellers through print publications, Internet, events, merchandise and video programs in two market segments:
* Enthusiast Media is America’s #1 special interest media company, with more than 75 magazines, 100 websites, 70 events, two television programs, 400 branded products, and such well-known brands as Motor Trend, Automobile, Automotive.com, Equine.com, Power & Motoryacht, Hot Rod, Snowboarder, Stereophile, Surfer, and Wavewatch.com.
* Consumer Source, Inc. is the #1 publisher and distributor of free consumer guides in the U.S. with Apartment Guide, Auto Guide, and New Home Guide, distributing free consumer publications through its proprietary distribution network, DistribuTech, in more than 60,000 locations. The Group owns and operates leading websites including ApartmentGuide.com, AutoGuide.com, NewHomeGuide.com, Rentals.com, RentClicks.com, and RentalHouses.com.
Buy USA Legal R32 and R34 Skylines at Importavehicle.com!
- ► 2016 (33)
- ► 2015 (31)
- ► 2014 (70)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2012 (95)
- ► 2011 (99)
- ► 2010 (206)
- ► 2009 (302)
- ► 2008 (530)
- 12 inch wide Works
- Dummy head for RB26
- It only looks stock.....
- Milano's 350 Z twin turbo
- S14 AWD
- 2009 Nissan GT-R at Laguna Seca
- 2009 Nissan GT-R testing in Michigan
- Peters last meal
- VQ35 twin turbo
- 2009 Nissan GT-R at KFC
- 2009 Nissan GT-R at Infineon Raceway
- VQ35 twin turbo
- Banned from Time Attack
- 2009 GT-R in SoCal video
- VQ35 heads on
- Pic of 2009 GT-R in LA ?
- Hubert Youngs car coming apart
- M-Workz 350z modified by Mike K.
- M-Workz 350Z at Redline Time Attack
- R32 GT-R
- Primedia announces intention to sell enthusiast me...
- M-Workz 350Z
- Axis 350Z
- Bentley drag racing
- The Pursuit of Function video release party
- PRIMEDIA Acquires Modified Automotive Media Group
- New GT-R sighting in the US
- panda express prius
- Multimedia message
- R32 in the Canyons
- Multimedia message
- ▼ February (33)