NOPI Motorsports is sad to announce the cancellation of the NOPI Drift event in Chicago this weekend August 18th and 19th. NOPI has received notification this morning from Toyota Park that they will not make the facility available for the NOPI Drift event in Chicago this weekend. NOPI believes that it has a valid contract with Anschutz Chicago Soccer Stadium, LLC, the owner of the facility, and the reasons for their refusal to allow the event to take place are still not clear. NOPI has instructed its attorney to take any and all action necessary to hold them accountable for their actions in refusing to honor their contract with NOPI. "We have been negotiating with Toyota Park since last October and they have even been selling tickets on their website. People from all over the country were scheduled to come to this event and we have invested tens of thousands of dollars in up front costs.", stated Michael Meyers, President of NOPI Motorsports, LLC.
T. Michael Martin, attorney for NOPI Motorsports, stated "We believe that we clearly have a valid agreement with the facility and their refusal to allow the event is a breach of that agreement and we will hold them accountable for their actions. NOPI will suffer serious financial losses because of this action and we take any and all actions necessary, including the filing of a lawsuit, to recoup those losses and the damage done to the reputation of NOPI Motorsports, LLC". Martin continued, "We believe that this refusal to allow the event may very well be political and has nothing to do with the terms of the agreement entered into".
This is something very new to NOPI, as they have never encountered anything like t
Buy USA Legal R32 and R34 Skylines at Importavehicle.com!
Monday, August 13, 2007
NOPI Chicago Cancelled
at 5:26 PM
- ► 2016 (51)
- ► 2015 (31)
- ► 2014 (70)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2012 (95)
- ► 2011 (99)
- ► 2010 (206)
- ► 2009 (302)
- ► 2008 (530)
- Original Gone in 60 Seconds Trailer
- Sweet turbo modification
- Dromo 1
- MODERN MUSCLECARS AND LIFESTYLE: INDUSTRY INSIGHTS...
- HKS boost
- The sweetest Toyota Camry Wagon eva....
- 2009 GT-R test drive at Tochigi
- A little old but - Steve Wozniak ticketed for 104...
- Evo X Brochure leaked
- Mr Tamura US interview
- Nice shot showing 2009 Nissan GT-R seats
- Air Resources Board Announces $700,000 settlement ...
- Panda Expressing
- Redline movie
- Nissan may void warranty for 2009 GT-R if resold t...
- Dyno R32
- EAT HELLO KITTY
- Nissan GT-R to make US debut November 16
- 2002 Porsche 911 Turbo for sale
- Article on 7tune.com on R33/R34 test car
- NOPI Chicago Cancelled
- Hubert Young in the VQswap.com S13
- 2009 GT-R engine information
- Formula D Sonoma
- Formula D Sonoma - VQSwap.com
- HYBRID SALES TO REACH RECORD LEVELS, SAYS J.D. POW...
- Then why do you drive a gasoline burning car ?
- F the 405 its 9:20 pm
- Lip o'day That's a 6 D cell Maglite
- Container of wheels
- 350 crunch
- XS R32 other stuff in the background at Spo-Com Sh...
- Rotora R34 GT-R S-Tune at SpoCom Show
- Dromo 1 Two firsts and a third
- What engine in what car ?
- Rental car drag racing
- Erics response to my response to Super Street on T...
- GDS R32 GT-R drag racing and in car
- TWIN-INJECTION ENGINE ONE OF THE 10 BEST, SAYS WAR...
- Customizers Go Head To Head In New Car Makeover Se...
- Low 8 second R32 GT-R for sale - New Zealand
- TOTB results and pictures from the UK
- GMC Typhoon article in Winding Road
- ▼ August (44)