ARB Settles with San Joaquin Valley's A.L. Gilbert Co. and the
City of Visalia
Failure to test diesel truck fleets for excess emissions costs
$30,000 in penalties
SACRAMENTO - The California Air Resources Board last month
settled with A.L. Gilbert Co. and the City of Visalia for a
total of more than $30,000 for failure to self-inspect their
diesel trucks for compliance with the state's smoke emissions
Oakdale-based A.L. Gilbert Co. settled for $18,750 and the city
of Visalia $12,000.
Both are required to have all staff responsible for compliance
with the Periodic Smoke Inspection Program and Heavy Duty Diesel
Vehicle Inspection Program to attend courses at the California
Council on Diesel Education and Technology, through selected
California community colleges. Further, each must instruct
vehicle operators to comply with the state's idling regulations,
supply all smoke inspection records to ARB for the next several
years, and have properly labeled engines to ensure compliance
with the engine emissions certification program regulations.
The Periodic Smoke Inspection Program and Heavy Duty Diesel
Vehicle Inspection Program require annual smoke opacity tests of
California-based fleets. The programs, in conjunction with ARB's
roadside smoke inspection program, are used to ensure that all
of California's heavy-duty vehicles are properly maintained,
tamper-free and free from excessive smoke emissions.
"This case, combined with all of our other enforcement actions
and aggressive regulations, will help bring cleaner air to the
San Joaquin Valley sooner," said ARB Chairman Mary Nichols. "Our
inspectors are keeping a vigilant eye out for those who foul
The San Joaquin Valley faces serious particulate matter and
ozone problems. Diesel particulate matter can increase the
number and severity of asthma attacks, cause or aggravate
bronchitis and other lung diseases, and reduce the body's
ability to fight infections. Ozone causes numerous adverse
health effects that may range from relatively mild temporary
conditions, such as eye or throat irritation, shortness of
breath, or headaches to permanent and serious conditions, such
as birth defects, cancer or damage to lungs, nerves, liver,
heart, or other organs.
The monies will be put into the California Air Pollution Control
Fund, which was established to mitigate various sources of
pollution through education and the advancement and use of
cleaner technology. This fund uses compliance settlement fees to
fund various pollution-related research projects and related
The Air Resources Board is a department of the California
Environmental Protection Agency. ARB's mission is to promote and
protect public health, welfare, and ecological resources through
effective reduction of air pollutants while recognizing and
considering effects on the economy. The ARB oversees all air
pollution control efforts in California to attain and maintain
health based air quality standards.
Buy USA Legal R32 and R34 Skylines at Importavehicle.com!
Thursday, October 11, 2007
- ► 2016 (51)
- ► 2015 (31)
- ► 2014 (70)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2012 (95)
- ► 2011 (99)
- ► 2010 (206)
- ► 2009 (302)
- ► 2008 (530)
- Mikes Time Attack Sentra
- SEMA show
- Sema Nissan booth
- Honda Party
- Oh I dont believe its not butter - or R33 GT-R Eba...
- 8 mpg
- Suzuki concept wheels - Roman chariot style
- Turbo Astrovan
- But wait - theres more Nissan Skyline GT-R on eBay...
- Once again - Once again its on - Ebay R33 GT-R
- Mines R34
- Barbies Hummerlimo
- Nissan S16 : Updated 2011
- USA Today
- Nissan GT-R Vspec arriving in 2009
- RB Wheels website - Used JDM wheels
- Greenland is melting - oh no - the sky is falling
- D1 GRAND PRIX ANNOUNCES NEW USA CHAMPIONSHIP POINT...
- Ultimate Street Car Challenge 2007 video - USCC
- Nissan Skyline buying guide - Car Magazine UK
- 7:38:54 Nurburgring - Nissan GT-R - Video
- Red R35 GT-R. Red is faster
- 7:38:54 Nurburgring - Nissan GT-R
- Nissan announces new Nissan GT-R - Press release
- R35 GT-R full specifications from Nissan
- Once again its on - Ebay R33 GT-R
- 2009 GT-R - Nissan email
- Its ashy outside. LA is burning down
- 2009 GT-R on Japanese TV
- Glenn Ivy
- My Kak and I
- TaTou ProMo Party
- At Pomona
- 2JZ alternative fuel
- Alternative Vehicle Expo
- Big Nasty on the dyno
- Redline TV Features JD Scion tC on SPEED Channel
- R34 Ultimate Street Car Challenge 2007
- Road and Track 2009 GT-R article
- Car and Driver 2009 GT-R article.
- SuperCarlos - GT-R Supastar - 7:38
- Merritts first Autoblog post
- An old GT-R photo
- Nissan to enhance sales, technical support service...
- 2009 Nissan GT-R - the highlights
- Autoweek - 2009 GT-R test drive
- 2009 GT-R Horsepower and 1/4 mile specs.
- Getting closer
- More new 2009 GT-R pics
- 2009 GT-R pictures and info from Autoweek
- 2009 Nissan GT-R revealed on cover of Motor Trend ...
- The Pedal-to-the-Metal, Totally Illegal, Cross-Cou...
- Sims Designer Had the Wright Stuff for Street Raci...
- Dromo1 new sticky tires
- Panda Expressing myself
- This is why ceramic exhaust wheels suck
- Inland Wholesale Auto Center
- Hot Rod Power Tour 2000
- Getting finish
- In Car 228 mph standing mile Supra
- Gore's Film Too Political For Schools
- ARB Settles with San Joaquin Valley's A.L. Gilbert...
- DirtGarage runs 9's on low mount turbos
- Texas Mile - Toyota Supra 228.7 mph
- WOTM Drag Invitaional in Phoenix, Arizona
- Headgasket test
- Upcoming events
- Sumo Power Breaks 4WD Drag Record with FUUJIN GTR!...
- Brinks to pay $147,000 to CARB for pollutions viol...
- 1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec for sale
- Modified Twin turbo pipe
- Nice reason for selling this R34 GT-R
- Honda V10 F1 engine on the dyno
- 1974 Gone in 60 Seconds final chase scene
- Hybrid cars song
- Honda makes fun of Prius
- The fast and the fatal: street racing fatal crashe...
- R34 Need for Speed
- Youtube randomness
- Interesting car database website
- 1984 Corvette Commerical
- Special "kurz" edition IS250
- Subaru Tskubua Challenge
- Interview with Mine's Niikura Michizo: GT-R Super ...
- I spent $700 on ho's today
- ▼ October (89)