FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 10, 2007
Brinks to pay $147,000 to CARB for pollutions violations
Armored Services Company failed to inspect vehicles for
SACRAMENTO - Last month Brinks, Inc., agreed to pay $147,000 in
a settlement agreement with the California Air Resources Board
for failure to self-inspect their diesel trucks for compliance
with the state's smoke emissions standards.
ARB documented violations between 2005 and 2006 at Brinks
facilities around the state: Bakersfield, Eureka, Fresno,
Lancaster, Los Angeles, Modesto, Oakland, Orange County,
Petaluma, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Fernando Valley, San
Jose and San Luis Obispo.
Brinks, known for armored vehicle services and security systems,
violated California's Periodic Smoke Inspection Program, which
requires annual smoke opacity tests of California-based fleets.
The program, in conjunction with ARB's roadside smoke inspection
program, is used to ensure that all of California's heavy-duty
vehicles are properly maintained, tamper-free and free from
excessive smoke emissions.
"California is serious about controlling toxic diesel soot,"
said ARB Chairman Mary D. Nichols. "Flouting California's
clean-air laws is not good business. Choosing to foul the air
and peoples' lungs has serious financial consequences for
businesses that chose to circumvent public health laws."
In addition to the settlement monies, Brinks has agreed to
comply with the smoke inspection program and will require all
fleet staff responsible for compliance with the ARB's
regulations to attend classes conducted by the California
Council on Diesel Education and Technology. In addition, Brinks
must supply all smoke inspection records for 2007-2009 and have
properly labeled engines to ensure compliance with the engine
emissions certification program regulations.
All monies are being paid to the California Air Pollution
Control Fund, which was established to mitigate various sources
of pollution through education and the advancement and use of
cleaner technology. This fund, upon appropriation by the
Legislature, uses compliance settlement fees to support various
pollution-related research projects and related programs.
Emissions of particulate matter from diesel engines are 70
percent of the air borne carcinogens that Californians are
exposed to on a daily basis. ARB has committed to reducing these
emissions by 85 percent by 2020.
The Air Resources Board is a department of the California
Environmental Protection Agency. ARB's mission is to promote and
protect public health, welfare, and ecological resources through
effective reduction of air pollutants while recognizing and
considering effects on the economy. The ARB oversees all air
pollution control efforts in California to attain and maintain
health based air quality standards.
Buy USA Legal R32 and R34 Skylines at Importavehicle.com!
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
- ► 2016 (47)
- ► 2015 (31)
- ► 2014 (70)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2012 (95)
- ► 2011 (99)
- ► 2010 (206)
- ► 2009 (302)
- ► 2008 (530)
- Mikes Time Attack Sentra
- SEMA show
- Sema Nissan booth
- Honda Party
- Oh I dont believe its not butter - or R33 GT-R Eba...
- 8 mpg
- Suzuki concept wheels - Roman chariot style
- Turbo Astrovan
- But wait - theres more Nissan Skyline GT-R on eBay...
- Once again - Once again its on - Ebay R33 GT-R
- Mines R34
- Barbies Hummerlimo
- Nissan S16 : Updated 2011
- USA Today
- Nissan GT-R Vspec arriving in 2009
- RB Wheels website - Used JDM wheels
- Greenland is melting - oh no - the sky is falling
- D1 GRAND PRIX ANNOUNCES NEW USA CHAMPIONSHIP POINT...
- Ultimate Street Car Challenge 2007 video - USCC
- Nissan Skyline buying guide - Car Magazine UK
- 7:38:54 Nurburgring - Nissan GT-R - Video
- Red R35 GT-R. Red is faster
- 7:38:54 Nurburgring - Nissan GT-R
- Nissan announces new Nissan GT-R - Press release
- R35 GT-R full specifications from Nissan
- Once again its on - Ebay R33 GT-R
- 2009 GT-R - Nissan email
- Its ashy outside. LA is burning down
- 2009 GT-R on Japanese TV
- Glenn Ivy
- My Kak and I
- TaTou ProMo Party
- At Pomona
- 2JZ alternative fuel
- Alternative Vehicle Expo
- Big Nasty on the dyno
- Redline TV Features JD Scion tC on SPEED Channel
- R34 Ultimate Street Car Challenge 2007
- Road and Track 2009 GT-R article
- Car and Driver 2009 GT-R article.
- SuperCarlos - GT-R Supastar - 7:38
- Merritts first Autoblog post
- An old GT-R photo
- Nissan to enhance sales, technical support service...
- 2009 Nissan GT-R - the highlights
- Autoweek - 2009 GT-R test drive
- 2009 GT-R Horsepower and 1/4 mile specs.
- Getting closer
- More new 2009 GT-R pics
- 2009 GT-R pictures and info from Autoweek
- 2009 Nissan GT-R revealed on cover of Motor Trend ...
- The Pedal-to-the-Metal, Totally Illegal, Cross-Cou...
- Sims Designer Had the Wright Stuff for Street Raci...
- Dromo1 new sticky tires
- Panda Expressing myself
- This is why ceramic exhaust wheels suck
- Inland Wholesale Auto Center
- Hot Rod Power Tour 2000
- Getting finish
- In Car 228 mph standing mile Supra
- Gore's Film Too Political For Schools
- ARB Settles with San Joaquin Valley's A.L. Gilbert...
- DirtGarage runs 9's on low mount turbos
- Texas Mile - Toyota Supra 228.7 mph
- WOTM Drag Invitaional in Phoenix, Arizona
- Headgasket test
- Upcoming events
- Sumo Power Breaks 4WD Drag Record with FUUJIN GTR!...
- Brinks to pay $147,000 to CARB for pollutions viol...
- 1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec for sale
- Modified Twin turbo pipe
- Nice reason for selling this R34 GT-R
- Honda V10 F1 engine on the dyno
- 1974 Gone in 60 Seconds final chase scene
- Hybrid cars song
- Honda makes fun of Prius
- The fast and the fatal: street racing fatal crashe...
- R34 Need for Speed
- Youtube randomness
- Interesting car database website
- 1984 Corvette Commerical
- Special "kurz" edition IS250
- Subaru Tskubua Challenge
- Interview with Mine's Niikura Michizo: GT-R Super ...
- I spent $700 on ho's today
- ▼ October (89)