D1 GRAND PRIX ANNOUNCES NEW USA CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS SERIES AND 2008
SERIES EVENT SCHEDULE
TORRANCE, CA (October 23, 2007) - D1 Grand Prix USA is pleased to announce a new professional drifting competition series format for 2008 along with the release of the new season event schedule.
For the first time ever, the North American arm of the famous D1 Grand Prix professional drift series will operate a championship points-based series designed to graduate the top scoring drivers in the U.S. series, along with the top drivers from other D1 Grand Prix series around the globe, to a season-end D1 Grand Prix World Championship match which will also be held in the U.S. in 2008. The 2008 schedule for the U.S. will be as follows;
March 8-9, 2008 - Irwindale Speedway, Irwindale, California
May 10-11, 2008 - Moroso Motorsports Park, West Palm Beach, Florida
July 12-13, 2008 - Location TBA
September 13-14, 2008 - New Jersey Motorsports Park (Lightning Course), Millville, New Jersey (USA Series Final Round)
November 22-23, 2008 - Irwindale Speedway, Irwindale, California (Japan series final points round on Saturday and the D1GP World Championship match on Sunday)
"We are very excited to continue to bring the absolute best drifting content and youth lifestyle events to the markets we're already well established in, as well as expanding the geographical coverage of the D1 Grand Prix USA brand into new markets where demand for high quality drifting events is high.", stated D1 Grand Prix President Takeshi Hidesato.
In addition to adapting the unparalleled drifting entertainment made famous in the previous five seasons of D1GP USA exhibition matches into a genuine points chase format, D1 Grand Prix will also develop and evolve new and existing D1 Grand Prix international franchises to standardize vehicle and sporting regulations and judging standards globally. A pool of professional and highly-skilled judges will be hand picked and trained by Keiichi "Drift King" Tsuchiya himself to provide high-quality, standardized judging for all world-wide D1 Grand Prix competitions.
Following the successful event format established during the 2007 season, all D1 Grand Prix USA events in 2008 will include a Ikaten (driver search) portion in which new, up-and-coming drivers can compete in front of the distinguished D1GP judging panel for the chance at a coveted D1 Grand Prix USA annual competitor license. The Ikaten will be followed the next day by the professional D1 drift competition, lifestyle show and other exciting and exclusive content.
Additional announcements regarding the 2008 D1 Grand Prix USA Series and World-Championship event, including purses, sponsorship announcements, domestic and international television coverage and additional event content will be released over the next several weeks.
Representatives from D1 Grand Prix USA will be attending the 2007 SEMA Show next week. If you have not done so already but would like to schedule an appointment to discuss opportunities available from D1 Grand Prix USA, please contact Mike Mucklin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 213-220-1091 to schedule an appointment at your convenience.
Buy USA Legal R32 and R34 Skylines at Importavehicle.com!
- ► 2016 (33)
- ► 2015 (31)
- ► 2014 (70)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2012 (95)
- ► 2011 (99)
- ► 2010 (206)
- ► 2009 (302)
- ► 2008 (530)
- Mikes Time Attack Sentra
- SEMA show
- Sema Nissan booth
- Honda Party
- Oh I dont believe its not butter - or R33 GT-R Eba...
- 8 mpg
- Suzuki concept wheels - Roman chariot style
- Turbo Astrovan
- But wait - theres more Nissan Skyline GT-R on eBay...
- Once again - Once again its on - Ebay R33 GT-R
- Mines R34
- Barbies Hummerlimo
- Nissan S16 : Updated 2011
- USA Today
- Nissan GT-R Vspec arriving in 2009
- RB Wheels website - Used JDM wheels
- Greenland is melting - oh no - the sky is falling
- D1 GRAND PRIX ANNOUNCES NEW USA CHAMPIONSHIP POINT...
- Ultimate Street Car Challenge 2007 video - USCC
- Nissan Skyline buying guide - Car Magazine UK
- 7:38:54 Nurburgring - Nissan GT-R - Video
- Red R35 GT-R. Red is faster
- 7:38:54 Nurburgring - Nissan GT-R
- Nissan announces new Nissan GT-R - Press release
- R35 GT-R full specifications from Nissan
- Once again its on - Ebay R33 GT-R
- 2009 GT-R - Nissan email
- Its ashy outside. LA is burning down
- 2009 GT-R on Japanese TV
- Glenn Ivy
- My Kak and I
- TaTou ProMo Party
- At Pomona
- 2JZ alternative fuel
- Alternative Vehicle Expo
- Big Nasty on the dyno
- Redline TV Features JD Scion tC on SPEED Channel
- R34 Ultimate Street Car Challenge 2007
- Road and Track 2009 GT-R article
- Car and Driver 2009 GT-R article.
- SuperCarlos - GT-R Supastar - 7:38
- Merritts first Autoblog post
- An old GT-R photo
- Nissan to enhance sales, technical support service...
- 2009 Nissan GT-R - the highlights
- Autoweek - 2009 GT-R test drive
- 2009 GT-R Horsepower and 1/4 mile specs.
- Getting closer
- More new 2009 GT-R pics
- 2009 GT-R pictures and info from Autoweek
- 2009 Nissan GT-R revealed on cover of Motor Trend ...
- The Pedal-to-the-Metal, Totally Illegal, Cross-Cou...
- Sims Designer Had the Wright Stuff for Street Raci...
- Dromo1 new sticky tires
- Panda Expressing myself
- This is why ceramic exhaust wheels suck
- Inland Wholesale Auto Center
- Hot Rod Power Tour 2000
- Getting finish
- In Car 228 mph standing mile Supra
- Gore's Film Too Political For Schools
- ARB Settles with San Joaquin Valley's A.L. Gilbert...
- DirtGarage runs 9's on low mount turbos
- Texas Mile - Toyota Supra 228.7 mph
- WOTM Drag Invitaional in Phoenix, Arizona
- Headgasket test
- Upcoming events
- Sumo Power Breaks 4WD Drag Record with FUUJIN GTR!...
- Brinks to pay $147,000 to CARB for pollutions viol...
- 1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec for sale
- Modified Twin turbo pipe
- Nice reason for selling this R34 GT-R
- Honda V10 F1 engine on the dyno
- 1974 Gone in 60 Seconds final chase scene
- Hybrid cars song
- Honda makes fun of Prius
- The fast and the fatal: street racing fatal crashe...
- R34 Need for Speed
- Youtube randomness
- Interesting car database website
- 1984 Corvette Commerical
- Special "kurz" edition IS250
- Subaru Tskubua Challenge
- Interview with Mine's Niikura Michizo: GT-R Super ...
- I spent $700 on ho's today
- ▼ October (89)