Buy USA Legal R32 and R34 Skylines at Importavehicle.com!
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
M-Workz drives to a pair of 4th place finishes in Season Finals
I wanted to take a minute and update you on the results of the final 2 events of the season that M-Workz competed in. As you may remember we finished 3rd in RWD Unlimited in the Season Opener at California Speedway with Tarzan Yamada driving.
First off was the Super Lap Battle presented by Super Street Magazine at Buttonwillow Raceway on November 7th. This is a difficult event for both the car and the team. It has an elimination feature in the rules that knocks you out of competition if you are slower than 110% of the fastest time in your class. Fortunately we had enough speed to make it to the final round. While I was able to turn a best lap of 1:57.3 in the first session, I asked Billy Johnson to put in some laps in the next session for feedback and to show the true potential of the car. Billy was able to manage a 1:52.9 lap which was good enough for 4th place in RWD Unlimited at the end of the day. We had hoped to improve the front aero by adding a splitter to the front, but were not able to get all the materials in time, so I fabricated a set of canards at the last minute that improved the aero balance compared to our testing at Willow Springs the week before.
Next was the Redline Time Attack Finals at Laguna Seca only 2 days later. This event was also a real challenge as all cars had to stay under a 92 dB sound limit imposed by the County. There were some very interesting solutions to this problem that some competitors tried. There were extra mufflers, turn downs, periscopes and dryer ducting. We opted for a turn down and lifting off the throttle as you passed the sound station. Once again Billy Johnson put in some fast laps in the finals and tuned in a 1:33.004 for 4th place in RWD Unlimited. Just as a point of reference, that lap time would have put him 27th place on the grid for the most recent World Challenge GT race at Laguna Seca last month. Very impressive driving and good car preparation were key ingredients in this result. The fastest car overall at the event was only 1.6 seconds faster, so we were right there in the hunt. After this event I am confident in saying M-Workz has the fastest 350Z in the US. With some more work over the winter we will get even faster.
I would also like to thank all of my sponsors that helped me achieve these great results this year. Jim Wolf Technology, Cosworth, XS Engineering, Swift Springs, Rays Wheels, NISMO JP, Motul, Tilton, Stoptech, Nissan Motorsports, Aerodynamic Solutions, Technosquare, AIT Racing, TSR Fabrication, C&R Racing and Courant Communications.
I also want to specially thank Billy Johnson for the awesome driving and feedback.
16400 S. Avalon blvd
Gardena CA, 90248
- ► 2016 (51)
- ► 2015 (31)
- ► 2014 (70)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2012 (95)
- ► 2011 (99)
- ► 2010 (206)
- ► 2009 (302)
- ► 2008 (530)
- Trick it Out - MTV 3
- Automobile Magazine Review : 2009 R35 Nissan GT-R
- Urbanracer.com 2009 Nissan GT-R renderings
- Siemens Turbocharger
- Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec - $51500
- R33 ATTESA ECU location
- Some Big Nasty R32 GT-R videos
- 967 hp / 795 lbft
- R32 on the dyno
- D1- International finals. Nomuken vs Jr vs the wal...
- Ford RS200 - Replica at D1
- 2010 Nissan Silvia
- D1 - far away photo
- RB26DETT information : The myths , the truths
- RB26 D1
- Nissan R35 GT-R exhaust sound from GTR owners meet...
- R35 GT-R Key
- Tesla Roadster at the SEMA show - 2007
- Pictures from GT-R owners meet - R35 GT-R
- GT-R video from R35 GT-R roll out
- R35 GT-R roll in at GT-R owners meet
- GTR owners meet at Chiat Day
- So what qualifies you to tell me about the car I h...
- Its alive and its mean
- R35 GT-R images by Jim Marshall
- GMC Yukon Hybrid at LA Autoshow
- LA Autoshow - 2009 Nissan GT-R R35 pictures
- Need for Speed Prostreet - Every Battle counts
- Nissan R35 GT-R Press conference - LA Autoshow
- Edmunds.com - Inside Line - Chiat Day - Nissan - R...
- 1000 race victories by 1972 to being the Worlds fa...
- GTR Press kit
- 2009 GTR engine shots
- 2009 GTR
- Lamborghini Reventon
- Vector Supercar ??
- 2009 GTR Press kit
- 2009 Nissan GTR
- R35 GT-R at LA Auto show. Press conference
- Waiting for GTR Press Conference
- Infiniti booth at LA Autoshow
- Nissan booth LA Autoshow
- Scion Booth at the LA Autoshow
- M-Workz drives to a pair of 4th place finishes in ...
- China recycling used condoms as cheap hair bands
- Sound Performance Sequential twin turbo Supra kit
- XS Engineering R32 at Super Lap Battle
- 1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R R33 on ebay
- NHRA annouces relationship to sanction NOPI Drag R...
- Yes orange
- 19x10.5+4 on a R33 GTR
- Nissans Zama vehicle storage facility from Twintur...
- New DC-DC Converter Increases Hybrid Efficiency
- Countdown to LA Autoshow - 2009 Nissan GT-R
- That says 1:43.5
- Need for Speed ProStreet
- Orange Nissan Skyline GT-R R33
- Wheels and wheels - www.rbwheels.com
- My 2007 Halloween costume - Inspired by Gone in 60...
- GTR Press kit
- Purple R33 Nissan Skyline GT-R
- White R33 GT-R VS-XX wheels
- Feel the power
- Aftermarket Parts Database of Executive Orders
- V8 Barstool at SEMA video
- Panda Express 909
- The next time you make up a screen name and bid $5...
- R33 on eBay - this time the positive comments
- R33 GT-R on Ebay.
- Everything needs a tank engine
- Grey Goose got your girl feeling loose
- Save the drama
- Dry carbon briefcase
- Bio Hydrogen Ford Truck
- Hot Wheels
- ▼ November (78)