ARB Settles with San Joaquin Valley's Todd Plumbing, Inc.
Failure to meet state smoke emission standards in diesel truck
fleet costs $5,625 in penalties
SACRAMENTO - Todd Plumbing, Inc. of Visalia recently settled
with the California Air Resources Board for $5,625 for failing
to properly inspect its heavy duty diesel trucks for compliance
with the state's smoke emissions standards.
"Violations such as these exacerbate already fouled air in a
part of the state that needs all the help it can get," said ARB
Chairman Mary Nichols. "Our enforcement efforts are crucial to
obtain those emission reductions so needed for Valley
As agreed in the settlement, Todd Plumbing's staff responsible
for compliance with periodic smoke and heavy duty diesel vehicle
inspection programs is required to attend courses at the
California Council on Diesel Education and Technology. Further,
all Todd's heavy duty commercial vehicle operators shall comply
with the state's idling regulations, supply all smoke inspection
records to ARB for the next several years, and have properly
labeled engines to ensure compliance with the engine emission
certification program regulations.
The ARB's periodic smoke and heavy duty diesel vehicle
inspection programs require annual smoke opacity tests of
California-based fleets. In conjunction with the roadside smoke
inspection program, ARB uses these programs to ensure that all
of California's heavy duty vehicles are properly maintained,
unaltered and free from excessive smoke emissions. An ARB
investigation showed that Todd Plumbing, Inc. failed to comply
with mandated smoke emission standards.
Diesel particulate matter can increase the number and severity
of asthma attacks, cause or aggravate bronchitis and other lung
diseases, and reduce the body's ability to fight infections.
ARB will direct the penalty payment on behalf of Todd Plumbing,
Inc. to the California Air Pollution Control Fund, which was
established to mitigate various sources of pollution through
education and the advancement and use of cleaner technology.
This fund uses compliance settlement fees to fund various
pollution-related research projects and related programs.
The Air Resources Board is a department of the California
Environmental Protection Agency. ARB's mission is to promote and
protect public health, welfare, and ecological resources through
effective reduction of air pollutants while recognizing and
considering effects on the economy. The ARB oversees all air
pollution control efforts in California to attain and maintain
health based air quality standards.
Buy USA Legal R32 and R34 Skylines at Importavehicle.com!
- ► 2016 (33)
- ► 2015 (31)
- ► 2014 (70)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2012 (95)
- ► 2011 (99)
- ► 2010 (206)
- ► 2009 (302)
- ► 2008 (530)
- Mischief party DC - Happy New Year
- Mischief Hotel Party
- Your home audio system..
- GPS slows speeders - Big Brother your auto has arr...
- Japanese Nostalgic Car Blog
- Happy 2008.
- Sunline GT-R at Suzuka 1:42. New wheels
- The Enola Gay
- Lexus LF-A beats Porsche GT2 record, Unofficially
- 2009 Nissan GT-R - Launch control test
- These won't fit
- R32 - Limited edition Nismo wheels - LM Limited
- ATM thieves pick the right getaway car.
- Silvia S16 - Best Car Magazine via GT Channel
- Rhys Millen in an accident
- Disney California Adventure
- Disney California Adventure
- Offset your carbon output
- There is no replacement for displacement
- How a DSG transmission works
- RH9 R34 GT-R videos at Autosalon Final Battle - Au...
- The Making of the 2001 Super Taikyu Winning Falken...
- Nissan Car Collection - 336 historical cars
- This makes me want to puke - Prius shaped cookies
- Mine's VX-ROM for G37 Infiniti Coupe
- The Van - 1977
- Now this is an RV.
- R32 GT-R BBS wheels
- R32 GT-R BBS wheels
- EPA Rejects California Greenhouse Gas Regulations
- Wal-Mart pays $250,000 to settle air quality viola...
- Fast and Furious 4 . The Quattro FNF4
- Jackson-Dawson and Scion to Race in Grand-Am’s Kon...
- Domain name for sale GTR2009.com
- Merritts Surge Monster
- Take the cake ice cream
- Red Bull Experiment: Backflip in a truck
- How to legalize a Nissan Skyline GT-R for the USA
- 78 Ford Ranchero with green grass carpet
- ITB's - Trumpted intake manifold
- If you need some small HKS hollow cams for an RB26...
- Bdubb - You know you want this Fleetwood
- Green grass ottoman
- Nissan Skyline Wiring Diagrams
- Motorex..RB Motoring
- When you drive a Bugatti Veyron
- Chris Forsberg - 2007 Formula D Driver of the Year...
- 2009 Nissan GT-R on the dyno
- R33 Nissan Skyline GT-R for Sale , GTR
- Big Nasty - R32 GT-R at Irwindale
- R32 fender roll
- Racecar Engineering December 2007 - Ferrari tire g...
- Nissan suspending all North American racing in 200...
- You Tube vs GT Channel hosted videos
- ARB Settles with San Joaquin Valley's Todd Plumbin...
- Sport Compact Car - Ultimate Street Car Challenge ...
- 2JZ powered all wheel drive , R32 GT-R
- Auto Select - Yellow Shark - R34 on the dyno
- Rhys Millen - Backflip drift truck
- Tuned New STI and Evo X at Tsukuba
- 1996 R33 Skyline GT-R LeMans commercial
- 1989 Nissan Skyline commercial
- 280ZX commercial
- Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Attesa codes
- 1989 - 1994 R32 Nissan Skyline GT-R Differences
- Tsukuba Lap time comparision R32 , R33 , R34, R35
- Motorex R33 Nissan Skyline GT-R
- Gmail , Google , Blogger Accounts Disabled - now w...
- Nintendo Wii - $1,000,000
- 10 second - Stock Z06 on stock tires
- Auto Select R34 - Time Attack
- Dromo 1 Circles
- R35 Nissan GT-R vs GT300 car - Nismo Festival
- Nissan Skyline GT-R history 1989-1998
- C-West Demo R34 - Some recent pictures
- Lewis Hamilton vs the Stig on Top Gear - Video
- Gran Turismo TV - GT-R Legend - Inside Story
- Super Taikyu ? R35 GT-R
- Import Tuner : SP Engineering R33 GT-R - 957 whp
- ▼ December (81)