Buy USA Legal R32 and R34 Skylines at Importavehicle.com!
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Racecar Engineering December 2007 - Ferrari tire gas mixture
Racecar Engineering is the automotive magazine you probably have never heard of. They carry them in some Barnes and Nobels, but they are a little hard to find. Its a UK based technical magazine about the racing industry. Its expensive - about $9.99 an issue, but it has some really great information. More than most people would ever want or need, but if you are really into competition, this is a magazine for you. Lots of up close pictures and analysis of race car competition.
The December 2007 issue covers some of the technical information that was passed from Ferrari to McLaren in the spy scandal from last year. One part that was interesting was the use of specialized gases in the tires of the Ferraris. Most people use air in their tires , some race cars , even the new GT-R, use nitrogen in their tires. What Ferrari found out though , was by using a combination hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) - based mixture specially made for use in racing tires. This mix greatly extends the performance of the tires over a number of laps. For instance in the Ferrari testing after 23 laps , tires filled with air had about 40% of the performance of a new tire , where the HFC mixture had 80% of the performance of a new tire.
The mixture of gases also allowed for a much longer tire life before bursting. Where nitrogen would last for 64 minutes before bursting , the gas mixtures allowed the same tires to last from 94 minutes to 103 minutes.
Very interesting . Has very little to do with street cars, but in other series , we might start to see them using this new mixture, or a combination of mixtures in tires to increase performance. Having run in a series that used a spec tire , over a 50 minute race , if given the ability to get this gas mixture to put in the tires , I think most of the racers would use it.
- ► 2016 (33)
- ► 2015 (31)
- ► 2014 (70)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2012 (95)
- ► 2011 (99)
- ► 2010 (206)
- ► 2009 (302)
- ► 2008 (530)
- Mischief party DC - Happy New Year
- Mischief Hotel Party
- Your home audio system..
- GPS slows speeders - Big Brother your auto has arr...
- Japanese Nostalgic Car Blog
- Happy 2008.
- Sunline GT-R at Suzuka 1:42. New wheels
- The Enola Gay
- Lexus LF-A beats Porsche GT2 record, Unofficially
- 2009 Nissan GT-R - Launch control test
- These won't fit
- R32 - Limited edition Nismo wheels - LM Limited
- ATM thieves pick the right getaway car.
- Silvia S16 - Best Car Magazine via GT Channel
- Rhys Millen in an accident
- Disney California Adventure
- Disney California Adventure
- Offset your carbon output
- There is no replacement for displacement
- How a DSG transmission works
- RH9 R34 GT-R videos at Autosalon Final Battle - Au...
- The Making of the 2001 Super Taikyu Winning Falken...
- Nissan Car Collection - 336 historical cars
- This makes me want to puke - Prius shaped cookies
- Mine's VX-ROM for G37 Infiniti Coupe
- The Van - 1977
- Now this is an RV.
- R32 GT-R BBS wheels
- R32 GT-R BBS wheels
- EPA Rejects California Greenhouse Gas Regulations
- Wal-Mart pays $250,000 to settle air quality viola...
- Fast and Furious 4 . The Quattro FNF4
- Jackson-Dawson and Scion to Race in Grand-Am’s Kon...
- Domain name for sale GTR2009.com
- Merritts Surge Monster
- Take the cake ice cream
- Red Bull Experiment: Backflip in a truck
- How to legalize a Nissan Skyline GT-R for the USA
- 78 Ford Ranchero with green grass carpet
- ITB's - Trumpted intake manifold
- If you need some small HKS hollow cams for an RB26...
- Bdubb - You know you want this Fleetwood
- Green grass ottoman
- Nissan Skyline Wiring Diagrams
- Motorex..RB Motoring
- When you drive a Bugatti Veyron
- Chris Forsberg - 2007 Formula D Driver of the Year...
- 2009 Nissan GT-R on the dyno
- R33 Nissan Skyline GT-R for Sale , GTR
- Big Nasty - R32 GT-R at Irwindale
- R32 fender roll
- Racecar Engineering December 2007 - Ferrari tire g...
- Nissan suspending all North American racing in 200...
- You Tube vs GT Channel hosted videos
- ARB Settles with San Joaquin Valley's Todd Plumbin...
- Sport Compact Car - Ultimate Street Car Challenge ...
- 2JZ powered all wheel drive , R32 GT-R
- Auto Select - Yellow Shark - R34 on the dyno
- Rhys Millen - Backflip drift truck
- Tuned New STI and Evo X at Tsukuba
- 1996 R33 Skyline GT-R LeMans commercial
- 1989 Nissan Skyline commercial
- 280ZX commercial
- Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Attesa codes
- 1989 - 1994 R32 Nissan Skyline GT-R Differences
- Tsukuba Lap time comparision R32 , R33 , R34, R35
- Motorex R33 Nissan Skyline GT-R
- Gmail , Google , Blogger Accounts Disabled - now w...
- Nintendo Wii - $1,000,000
- 10 second - Stock Z06 on stock tires
- Auto Select R34 - Time Attack
- Dromo 1 Circles
- R35 Nissan GT-R vs GT300 car - Nismo Festival
- Nissan Skyline GT-R history 1989-1998
- C-West Demo R34 - Some recent pictures
- Lewis Hamilton vs the Stig on Top Gear - Video
- Gran Turismo TV - GT-R Legend - Inside Story
- Super Taikyu ? R35 GT-R
- Import Tuner : SP Engineering R33 GT-R - 957 whp
- ▼ December (81)