Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Monday, October 29, 2007
Item number: 220166093493
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Item number: 220165138789
Sweet - someone with ZERO feedback did "BUY IT NOW". Great. Now a couple more days of messing around.
Friday, October 26, 2007
This aint the same one in the videos. They gots a couple of them. This one is a later one, with a Nismo plenum.
Sound amplifies into a ubiquitous boom as we suddenly plunge into another tunnel and the speedometer sweeps relentlessly through 200 kilometers an hour. With my right hand clenched in a sweaty fist and left hand grasping the door handle hard enough to wonder if it will break clean off, doing the mph conversion right now is out of the question. We're canyon bound in the world's fastest street car at a couple ticks before midnight, Xenon ripping a hole through the empty blackness and exhaust ricocheting 9000rpm of tuned RB26DETT across towering rock walls.
Aerodynamic drag just isn't a factor at this speed, or any other speed, for that matter. The twin HKS GT2530 turbochargers aren't even thinking about running out of steam. With each new gear, the tachometer needle whips ever more violently to redline. The pull is ruthless to the point where you wonder if it could even be physically possible. But there's no need to pinch yourself when your head swings radically, zapping you to consciousness as the giant car digs into the asphalt for another hairpin right, before bombing down the next section of road.
This is the car that legends are made of. It is very possibly the most viewed Japanese car on YouTube and the no-brainer choice on Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport. It's a record holder in a country full of record breakers. It is the Mine's R34 Skyline GT-R.
Continue reading Import Tuner
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Will it ever happen? Not likely. The Nissan Silvia S16 is not likely to come up anytime soon. From everything we have heard about the S16 Silvia, it is not going to follow in the footsteps of the S15. Its a shame.
Its a shame, the S15 was a great rear wheel drive platform for drifting.
According to latest reports Nissan will be building an even more potent version of the GT-R but it won’t arrive until 2009, one year after the super-coupe is launched in most markets. The new model will carry the familiar V-Spec title, a badge used by the older R32-R34 series cars to denote the GT-R’s racing success as well as some serious performance enhancements.
A Nissan source has revealed to Edmunds that a V-spec version of the all-new GT-R will arrive in 2009 as a 2010 model. The new car is still under development but when it arrives it will be more powerful and lighter than the standard version, which suggest the rumored 7m 38s Nurburgring time could fall further.
Previous V-spec cars featured an improved brake package, lowered suspension, and plenty of carbon-fiber and aluminum. The latest GT-R series was also rumored to feature a high-performance ‘EVO’ model that was tipped to weigh up to 250kg less than the standard car and develop up to 530hp.
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
But below the surface, the ice sheet is in constant motion, as ice built up in the interior pushes toward the coast in the form of massive glaciers. During warmer months, ice from these glaciers melts into the ocean.
It's an age-old process that scientists say has speeded up in recent decades because of global warming.
A recent report from the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, made up of scientists from around the world, estimates the sea level rise by 2100 could be as much as 1½ feet.
"When we came here in 1990, the first two, three years were actually colder than normal. Then in 1994, 1995, it started to warm steadily and since then, we've had a temperature increase during the winter months of 4.5 degrees centigrade, 8.1 degrees Fahrenheit, which is very large, the largest temperature increase on earth," he said.
Despite all the changes in Greenland, this is not the first time temperatures have risen on the world's largest island. During the 1920s and 1930s, there was a significant warming trend that occurred without the level of man-made greenhouse gases recorded in our atmosphere today. The majority of scientists say greenhouse gases are the chief cause of global warming.
The fact Greenland has warmed before leads some scientists to question how worried we should be about the current warming trend. Dr. Patrick Michaels, a climatologist, is part of a small group of climate change skeptics. He said Greenland's warm past didn't cause the ice sheet to disappear.
"Well, this happened for 50 years in the early 20th century, and it happened for a millennium after the end of the last ice age," he said. "And the ice didn't shed off it."
"Even if we reduce our carbon dioxide output, the climate will continue to warm," he said. "So even by stopping the increase of carbon dioxide today, we will have a warming, we will have sea level increase."
SERIES EVENT SCHEDULE
TORRANCE, CA (October 23, 2007) - D1 Grand Prix USA is pleased to announce a new professional drifting competition series format for 2008 along with the release of the new season event schedule.
For the first time ever, the North American arm of the famous D1 Grand Prix professional drift series will operate a championship points-based series designed to graduate the top scoring drivers in the U.S. series, along with the top drivers from other D1 Grand Prix series around the globe, to a season-end D1 Grand Prix World Championship match which will also be held in the U.S. in 2008. The 2008 schedule for the U.S. will be as follows;
March 8-9, 2008 - Irwindale Speedway, Irwindale, California
May 10-11, 2008 - Moroso Motorsports Park, West Palm Beach, Florida
July 12-13, 2008 - Location TBA
September 13-14, 2008 - New Jersey Motorsports Park (Lightning Course), Millville, New Jersey (USA Series Final Round)
November 22-23, 2008 - Irwindale Speedway, Irwindale, California (Japan series final points round on Saturday and the D1GP World Championship match on Sunday)
"We are very excited to continue to bring the absolute best drifting content and youth lifestyle events to the markets we're already well established in, as well as expanding the geographical coverage of the D1 Grand Prix USA brand into new markets where demand for high quality drifting events is high.", stated D1 Grand Prix President Takeshi Hidesato.
In addition to adapting the unparalleled drifting entertainment made famous in the previous five seasons of D1GP USA exhibition matches into a genuine points chase format, D1 Grand Prix will also develop and evolve new and existing D1 Grand Prix international franchises to standardize vehicle and sporting regulations and judging standards globally. A pool of professional and highly-skilled judges will be hand picked and trained by Keiichi "Drift King" Tsuchiya himself to provide high-quality, standardized judging for all world-wide D1 Grand Prix competitions.
Following the successful event format established during the 2007 season, all D1 Grand Prix USA events in 2008 will include a Ikaten (driver search) portion in which new, up-and-coming drivers can compete in front of the distinguished D1GP judging panel for the chance at a coveted D1 Grand Prix USA annual competitor license. The Ikaten will be followed the next day by the professional D1 drift competition, lifestyle show and other exciting and exclusive content.
Additional announcements regarding the 2008 D1 Grand Prix USA Series and World-Championship event, including purses, sponsorship announcements, domestic and international television coverage and additional event content will be released over the next several weeks.
Representatives from D1 Grand Prix USA will be attending the 2007 SEMA Show next week. If you have not done so already but would like to schedule an appointment to discuss opportunities available from D1 Grand Prix USA, please contact Mike Mucklin at email@example.com or 213-220-1091 to schedule an appointment at your convenience.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
- New Dimensional Multi-Performance Supercar Available in Early December –
TOKYO (Oct. 24, 2007) - Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., today announced the launch of the Nissan GT-R, a new multi-dimensional performance machine that lives up to the concept of “an ultimate supercar for anyone, anywhere, at anytime”. The Nissan GT-R features a newly developed Premium Midship package, including the world’s first independent transaxle 4WD developed independently by Nissan. The Nissan GT-R will be available in Japan mainly through Nissan High Performance Centers nationwide from December 6th.
The Nissan GT-R was developed with a new understanding and appreciation of the Earth’s natural forces – gravity, inertial force and aerodynamics – and translates those forces into a completely new design, maximizing tire grip and airflow.
Basic vehicle dynamics and integration with the driver have also been examined, resulting in new componentry and creating a Human-Machine Interface (HMI) never seen before in the marketplace. All of these theories have been integrated to balance “speed and efficiency,” “high-output with environmental consideration” and “high performance and safety.”
Taking these factors into account, Nissan created the all-new Nissan GT-R, which offers advanced high performance for secure and enjoyable driving by minimizing the effects of climatic, road condition or driving technique limitations. The Nissan GT-R offers ultimate performance for virtually every driving situation – whether it be the Nurburgring circuit, to snow, rain or urban areas – all manageable by the GT-R driver through advanced technology and driving dynamics.
The Nissan GT-R’s unique characteristics are instilled not just in the vehicle’s design, but also through a specialized production process. Carbon fiber, aluminum and steel components are assembled with a special high-precision process, which includes a series of vibration tests. Engines and transmissions are assembled by a single craftsman in a “clean room” environment and upon completion, every GT-R undergoes a battery of comprehensive tests to ensure the proper operation of all vehicle components.
To properly support the all-new GT-R, Nissan has established special Nissan High Performance Centers, where all certified advisors and technicians have received extensive training. Total support for the GT-R owner is offered for the first three years of ownership, including measurement and adjustment of the engine, transmission and wheel alignment after the first 1000 km, and again every 12 months, free of charge.
Packaging and Driveline Suited for a Supercar
The all-new Nissan GT-R uses a Premium Midship package, an all-new, more advanced version Front Midship (FM) package utilized on other Nissan vehicles. This new package enables the use of the world’s first application of an independent transaxle 4WD system. The transaxle’s layout places the dual-clutch transmission, transfer case and final drive at the rear of the vehicle (instead of the usual front location), which enables vehicle weight to be evenly distributed throughout the car. This gives the Nissan GT-R a superb front-to-rear weight balance, while enhancing leg and foot space and allowing for an optimal pedal layout.
Under the hood, the Nissan GT-R features an all-new 3.8-litre twin turbo V6 “VR38” engine, featuring plasma-sprayed bores and a special twin-turbo exhaust manifold system. A secondary air management system enables the newly designed powerplant to provide approximately 40kg/m of torque during ordinary low-rev driving, which gives an optimum air-fuel ratio for around-town efficiency and helps the Nissan GT-R meet ultra-low emission vehicle (U-LEV) standards in Japan.
The Nissan GT-R’s new engine produces 480PS (353kW) at 6400rpm and maximum torque of 60kgm (588Nm) from 3200 to 5200rpm. Putting the power to the ground is an all-new GR6-type dual clutch transmission, with paddle shifting and a Borg Warner six-plate dual clutch for direct control.
Suspension duties are handled through a special Bilstein DampTronic*1 system, which utilizes all pertinent vehicle information to provide appropriate damping forces for all situations and helps maintain a high level of control for straight-line driving, cornering, and braking.
Braking is essential for a daily-driven supercar and the GT-R features large Brembo full-floating drilled rotors, low steel high stiffness brake pads and Brembo mono block six-piston front and four-piston rear calipers, which in combination minimize fade and provide stable braking. Run-flat tires, exclusively designed for use on the Nissan GT-R, balance high grip and all-weather capabilities and a comfortable ride in all driving situations. The tires are designed to maintain structure for 80km of travel at 80 km/h, while still providing an acceptable level of performance.
High-Performance Safety and Environmental Technologies
The Nissan GT-R offers a long list of safety and environmental features, including, for enhanced visibility inside and out of the vehicle, high-mounted LED stoplamps, bright LED rear combination taillights, “super wide beam” headlights, heated door mirrors and flat-blade wipers.
Standard safety equipment includes a pop-up engine hood system for enhanced pedestrian safety, driver and front passenger SRS Air Bag System, ELR front seat belts with tension reducer, front seat belts with load limiter, and three-point ELR rear seat belts. Driver and front passenger SRS Side Air Bag System and SRS Curtain Air Bag System are offered as options.
Environmental technologies include extensive work to create an U-LEV certification in Japan for the 3.8-liter twin turbo engine and reduced levels of volatile organic compound for materials used in the car.
Functional Design – High Performance Aerodynamics and Style
The Nissan GT-R’s styling follows the function over form theory. Every styling aspect, from the overall design to the smallest details, is created to maximize the vehicle’s driving experience – as well as suggesting GT-R’s “supercar” level of performance. Utilizing advanced aerodynamics, the Nissan GT-R’s aggressive styling evokes the lines of a well-trained athlete, combining strong character lines with smooth and solid areas.
The all-new GT-R’s body is created with a combination of steel, carbon fiber and aluminum, providing a unique combination of stiffness and lightness. The Nissan GT-R features a low coefficient of drag of 0.27, with high front and rear downforce, which provides the GT-R with enhanced grip in all weather situations, while also enhancing fuel efficiency.
The front fenders express power and stability, while the “aero-blades” on the fenders’ leading edges provide optimum airflow around the tires and along the body. The scoop in the fenders’ trailing edges assists in providing front downforce and optimization of side airflow. The aggressive front end, with a large hood budge and single air intake, provides a sophisticated style as well as undisturbed airflow for power and cooling. New “super wide beam” headlights feature three additional sub-reflectors (compared to conventional lights) to give a wider spread to the illumination area.
The Nissan GT-R’s large, four-passenger cabin features a sloping “aero blade canopy” roofline and curved C-pillar “sword edge,” which expresses the distinctive GT-R identity, as well as facilitating air flow around the rear of the vehicle. The GT-R’s hallmark four-ring taillights, efficient rear spoiler and large, integrated φ120 exhaust tips, provides the signature rear view of the GT-R, as well as optimizing airflow along the top and under the vehicle.
The high level of advanced technology is evident even in the Nissan GT-R’s paint – which utilizes a “double clear coat” and “anti-chipping” process. The Nissan GT-R features Ultimate Silver as a special new color, which is painstakingly hand-polished by craftsman.
An Interior Suitable for Daily Driving or Supercar Duties
Key to the Nissan GT-R’s usability as a both daily driver and a high-performance supercar is its interior, which is designed to balance functionality, a sense of ease, and comfort.
Sculpted performance bucket seats give the driver and passenger a comfortable driving experience, and soft pads are utilized on the dash in front of the passenger and doors to give an extra level of comfort and safety.
The instrument panel surrounds the driver, with all meters and multi-function meter at a uniform height to minimize the driver’s head movement when traveling at high speeds. A large center-mounted tachometer, with gear display on its upper right, as well as the easy-to-read graphics of the display, gives the driver instant detailed information, essential for the performance nature of the GT-R.
Functional style is also evident in the Nissan GT-R – each meter features a dial plate design that evokes the idea of engaged gears, as well as a three-dimensional metal-like ring, suggesting the multi-dimensional performance of the GT-R. A large, metallic-framed center console features the ergonomically designed shift lever and a red “engine start” button.
Adjustability is central to the daily-driver nature of the Nissan GT-R, with a special “set-up switch” located in the center of the instrument panel. This switch enables the driver to adjust transmission shifts, shock absorbers and the Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC-R) in three settings – Normal, Comfort or R, the high-performance setting designed for the Nissan GT-R “supercar” application.
A high-speed, high-capacity CARWINGS (Japan market) navigation system, with a powerful 30GB hard disk drive, features an easy-to-use touch pad, as well as traditional navigation switches. The screen interface features not only the navigation system, but also an enriched entertainment system with a Music Box hard drive, DVD and CD player, and Bluetooth® *2 audio function.
For special use in the GT-R application, the multi-function meter also includes mechanical and driving information for safe high performance driving, including acceleration opening, brake pedal pressure, and steering angle. It also includes an “optimal gearshift map,” to emphasize economical vehicle operation.
A specially designed BOSE sound system includes two forward-facing woofers in the rear center armrest area combined with traditional door speakers. All speakers are mounted in rigid aluminum die cast panels, which combined with the design of the system itself, provide sound quality suitable for a supercar.
Pricing and Sales Target
200 units / month
Drivetrain Engine Grade Transmission Price (yen, Consumption tax included)
GT-R GR6-type dual 7,770,000
４WD VR38DETT GT-R Black edition clutch 7,927,500
GT-R Premium edition transmittion 8,347,500
*1: Bilstein DampTronic is the registered trademark of ThyssenKrupp Bilstein Suspension GmbH
*2: Bluetooth® and the Bluetooth logo are trademarks of Bluetooth SIG Inc. of the U.S.
• VR-series twin-turbocharged 3.8-liter V6.
• 480 hp @ 6,800 rpm. 430 lb-ft torque @ 3,200–5,200 rpm.
• Dual overhead camshafts with variable intake-valve timing.
• Cast aluminum cylinder block with high-endurance/low-friction plasma-sprayed bores.
• IHI twin turbochargers, one per cylinder bank.
• Pressurized lubrication system with thermostatically controlled cooling.
• ATTESA ET-S All-Wheel Drive (AWD) with independent rear-mounted transaxle integrating transmission, differential and AWD transfer case.
• Rigid, lightweight carbon-composite driveshaft between engine and transaxle.
• Electronic traction control plus 1.5-way mechanically locking rear differential.
• Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC-R) with three driver-selectable settings: Normal (for daily driving, controls brakes and engine output), R-Mode (for ultimate performance, utilizes AWD torque distribution for additional vehicle stability) and Off (driver does not want the help of the system).
• Hill Start Assist prevents rollback when starting on an incline.
DisclaimerVDC-R cannot prevent accidents due to abrupt steering, carelessness, or dangerous driving techniques. Always drive safely.
• 6-speed Dual Clutch Transmission with three driver-selectable modes: Normal (for maximum smoothness and efficiency), Snow (for gentler starting and shifting on slippery surfaces), and R mode (for maximum performance with fastest shifts).
• Fully automatic shifting or full sequential manual control via gearshift or steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters.
• Dual clutch design changes gears in less than 0.5 second (0.2 second in R mode).
• Downshift Rev Matching (DRM).
• Predictive pre-shift control (in R mode) based on throttle position, vehicle speed, braking and other information.
Wheels and Tires
• 20 x 9.5" (front) and 20 x 10.5" (rear) super-lightweight forged-aluminum wheels with Gunmetal Gray finish.
• Exclusively developed nitrogen-filled Bridgestone® RE070A high-capacity run-flat summer tires, 255/40R20 front and 285/35R20 rear.
• Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS).
• Optional exclusively developed nitrogen-filled Dunlop® run-flat all-season tires, 255/40R20 front and 285/35R20 rear (includes Bright Silver wheels).
• Brembo® 4-wheel disc brakes with 4-wheel Antilock Braking System (ABS), Brake Assist, Electronic Brakeforce Distribution and Preview Braking.
• Two-piece floating-rotor 15-inch front and rear discs with diamond-pattern internal ventilation.
• 6-piston front/4-piston rear monoblock calipers.
• Rack-and-pinion steering with vehicle-speed-sensitive power assist.
• 2.6 steering-wheel turns lock-to-lock.
• 4-wheel independent suspension with Bilstein® DampTronic system with three driver-selectable modes: Normal/Sport (for automatic electronic control of damping), Comfort (for maximum ride comfort), and R mode (engages maximum damping rate for high-performance cornering).
• Electronically controlled variable-rate shock absorbers. High-accuracy progressive-rate coil springs.
• Front double-wishbone/rear multi-link configuration with aluminum members and rigid aluminum subframes.
• Hollow front and rear stabilizer bars.
• Exclusive Premium Midship platform with jig-welded hybrid unibody.
• Aluminum hood, trunk and door skins. Die-cast aluminum door structures.
• Carbon-reinforced front crossmember/radiator support.
Back to Top
• Wide-beam headlights with High Intensity Discharge (HID) low beams.
• LED taillights and brake lights.
• Dual heated power mirrors.
• Flush-mounted aluminum door handles.
• Body-color rear spoiler with integrated center high-mounted stop light.
• UV-reducing tinted glass.
• Digital Bose® audio system with AM/FM/in-dash 6-CD changer and 11 speakers including dual subwoofers.
• HDD Music Box system, including hard drive with 9.4 GB for audio storage.
• MP3, WMA and DVD audio capable. In-dash Compact Flash card reader.
• HDD-based GPS navigation with touch screen.
• Driver-configurable performance monitor, developed with Sony® Polyphony, with graphical readouts of vehicle data and driving data displayed on a total of 11 screens.
• 7-inch WVGA high-resolution color-LCD display for audio, navigation and performance monitor.
• Automatic Temperature Control (ATC).
• Electronic analog instrument cluster with multi-function trip computer and digital gear indicator.
• Power front windows with one-touch auto-up/down feature.
• Intelligent Key system with pushbutton start. Power door locks.
• Cruise control.
• Tilt/telescoping steering column.
• Bluetooth® Hands-free phone system with voice recognition.
• Leather upholstered front seats with perforated Alcantara inserts.
• 8-way power front seats with entry/exit switch for rear-seat passengers.
• Driver-shaped bucket seat.
• Dual individual rear seats.
• Heated front seats.
• Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob.
• Drilled aluminum pedals.
• Nissan Advanced Air Bag System (AABS) with dual-stage supplemental front air bags, seat belt sensors and occupant-classification sensor.
• Driver and front-passenger side-impact supplemental air bags and roof-mounted curtain supplemental air bags.
• Front seat belts with pretensioners and load limiters.
• Nissan Vehicle Immobilizer System.
• Vehicle Security System.
DisclaimerPlease keep in mind that air bags are a supplemental system and must be used in conjunction with a seat belt. Never let children 12 and under ride in this vehicle unless the front passenger air bag on/off switch has been installed. Side air bags and side curtain air bags are designed to inflate in higher severity side collisions and inflate on the side of the vehicle impacted. Please see your owner's manual for more details. Inflated air bags shown for illustration purposes only. Actual air bags deflate after deployment.
Back to Top
* Japan-market features and specifications shown.
Bridgestone is a registered trademark of Bridgestone Corporation. Brembo is a registered trademark of Freni Brembo S.p.A. Bilstein is a registered trademark of August-Bilstein GmbH & Co. Bose is a registered trademark of The Bose Corporation. The Bluetooth word mark and logos are owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and any use of such marks by Nissan is under license. Dunlop is a registered trademark of Dunlop Tires. Sony is a registered trademark of Sony Corporation of America.
R35 GT-R specifications
Item number: 230184693042
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-RRB26DETT engine , 2.6 liter , dual overhead cam, twin turbo. Rated at 280 hp.
Kakimoto exhaust5 speed manual transmission
Super Hicas four wheel steeringXenon headlights
The car will come with stock wheels . Currently on the car are Work VS-XX wheels
18 x 10 all around. Staggered offset to give an aggressive rear lip. .
The VS-XX are available for an additional $2300 on top of the auction
close, or will be included with the buy it now option.
Own one of less than 100 R33 GT-R's imported and sold legally in the US.This car was imported though Motorex, and was given a DOT bond release in September 2006. This vehicle has a New York title. This vehicle is a 49 state car, and not for sale in California.
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Friday, October 19, 2007
Redline TV Features JD Scion tC on SPEED Channel
Show Highlights NASA Racing with Interview of Driver Dan Gardner
TORRANCE, Calif. — Earlier this week, SPEED Channel aired the first showing of a Redline TV episode featuring Dan Gardner and the Jackson-Dawson Scion tC. The show will be broadcast again this coming Sunday and Tuesday evening. It highlights NASA racing and some of the drivers, series, and cars that make it one of the hottest road racing organizations around.
“Road racing is getting more and more popular in this country,” said Gardner. “It’s exciting to see programming that further gets our sport into the eye of the public. We’re thrilled that our Scion received some good billing. The car has proven itself to be mighty capable at every track we’ve been to this year.”
Viewers can tune into SPEED at the following times to see Gardner and the JD Scion tC:
• Sunday, October 21: 10-11 p.m. Eastern/ 7-8 p.m. Pacific
• Tuesday, October 23: 3-4 p.m. Eastern/ 12-1 p.m. Pacific
• Tuesday, October 23: 9-10 p.m. Eastern/ 6-7 p.m. Pacific
The JD Scion tC is currently fitted with
• Scion-supplied OE and TRD parts
• Energy Suspension bushings and motor mounts
• Nitto 235/40R17 and 225/45R17 NT-01 tires
• Enkei RPF1 17x8 wheels
• Recaro Pole Position Seats
• Progress Technology coilovers, rear swaybar, and camber bolts
• Dezod-supplied AEM standalone engine management, plug and play harness and stainless clutch line
• Centerforce clutch and lightweight aluminum flywheel
• Kaminari carbon fiber roof
• NST underdrive pulleys and shifter bushings
• AIT carbon fiber hood
• Wild Pony Motorsports-supplied camber/caster plates
• Goodridge stainless brake lines and oil cooler fittings and lines
• Carbotech XP10 and XP8 brake pads
• G-Force 5-point harnesses, racing suit, gloves, and helmet
• TRD limited slip differential, thermostat, and crank pulley bolt
• DC Sports Header
• AEM wideband O2 sensor and controller
• HoseTechniques silicone hoses, couplers, and clamps
• Motul brake fluid, engine oil, transmission fluid, and super coolant
• RobiSpec brake ducting
In addition, tire mounting, balancing, and repair are performed by America's Tire Co., tuning is done by i-Speed, alignment is performed by M-Workz, car care products are supplied by Mothers Polish, body work is done by Royalty Auto Body, team clothing is supplied by turn3, and dyno testing services are done by Harman Motive.
Jackson-Dawson Communications (JD) is a 25-year-old privately held company that provides creative and strategic services to a range of national clients. Core competencies include retail training, event marketing, marketing services, business theater, video and media production services, meeting planning, print graphic and design services, staging service and vehicle management.
With corporate offices in Detroit, MI, Jackson-Dawson also maintains offices in Torrance and Irvine, CA, Manhattan, NY, and Spring Hill, TN. Jackson-Dawson owns and operates several divisions: Peloton Creative Group, BenMar Communications, Drivers Talk Radio and Drivers Talk Testing.
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Nissan insists this engine is all-new and unrelated to the VQ sixes that propel the Z car, Infiniti Gs, and others, which is interesting since the bore (95.5 millimeters) is exactly the same. The new six is force-fed by a pair of IHI turbos via an air-to-air intercooler. Max boost is 10.2 psi.
This is the first V-6 in the modern GT-R series (the three preceding cars employed inline-sixes), and we think it won’t disappoint anyone except maybe tuners. We say that because the Nissan development team proudly claims it has made the car’s ECU tamper-proof. The objective seems to be to portray the engine as environmentally friendly. Yeah, right. And with a little training, tigers make terrific house pets. But tuners always manage to crack the codes, so for those GT-R owners who will inevitably want more, hang in there.
Power finds its way to the ground via a rear-mounted Aichi Kikai six-speed dual-clutch automated manual transaxle with triple cone synchros. The rear diff is a mechanical limited slip; the front is operated by an electronically controlled clutch.
Edmunds Inside Line
The record lap would be set by Nissan's top shoe, Suzuki-san, who ultimately turned in a lap in 7 minutes, 38 seconds on a partially wet circuit. Those ominous clouds looming in the sky earlier in the day left their mark on two areas of the track, Kesselchen and Wehrsiefen, and required Suzuki-san to rein his speed in a bit.
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
When I was at Motorex, I used to name a few of the cars. Its easier than saying "the white GT-R" Not all the cars got names. Heres the cars in the above photo.
Slim Shady - Sport Compact Car - "Stupid Fast" article
Nicks car - Sport Compact Car - USCC several times
Blackbird - Too many places too list , basis for Fast and Furious 2 car
Silver R34 - Was originally for Paul Walker , ended up going to Hawaii was seized by DEA, and now lives in Texas
Blue R34 - Not sure which car this is. There were two blue ones around the same time. One went to Seattle, one went to San Francisco.
Black R33 - Drag Sport Project RH9 - First US 9 second GT-R
Big Bird - Too much to list, Fast and Furious , Won Pikes Peak , First 10 second US car , Cover of Sport Compact Car a couple times
"Nissan Motor Co. (7203.TO) said Wednesday that it will provide staff in Japan with special training to improve their automobile maintenance skills in order to deal with more advanced devices used in cars.
In a bid to enhance its sales operations, the Tokyo-based auto maker will launch "Nissan High Performance Center," a new sales and technical service center, when it introduces its flagship Nissan GT-R in December in the domestic market. "
- On Sale May/June 2009 in the USA
- PM platform meaning Prime Midship.
- Dimensions: 4655mm(183.2 in) L x 1895mm(74.6 in) W x 1370mm(53.9 in) H
- Weight 1740 kg /3836 lbs ( 1730 with titanium muffler - 3814 lbs) (Autoweek - 3792 lbs)
- Premium edition comes with a Thatcham class immobilizer and alarm (optional on the Base and Black Edition)
- Premium edition comes with a Bose sound system (optional on the Base and Black Edition)
- Side airbag system is optional on all 3 trims
Engine and Drivetrain:
- The engine designation is VR38DETT (Twin Turbocharged 3.8-liter V6)
- 7000 rpm redline
- The engine performance of the 3 trims is the same
- IHI turbos with integrated exhaust manifolds
- 473 horsepower @ 6400 rpms
- 433 pound-feet of torque from 3200 to 5200 rpm.
- 20-inch wheels wrapped by Bridgestone Potenza RE070s,
255/40 in front and 285/35 rears.
- Front suspension was upper and lower
A-arms and the rear was a five-link.
- Bilstein Damptronic shocks: 3 settings R, Sports and Comfort
- 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds
- 11.7 seconds in the quarter mile
- 192 mph top speed (Autoweek 193mph)
- 0.99 lateral G
- Carbon fiber propshaft
- GR6 transmission -transaxle (The shifting is done via a
direct, twin-clutch system. One clutch handles the odd gears and
another clutch handles the even ones. Shifts take 0.2 seconds.)(should be 0.02 of a second. 20 milliseconds)
- Below 25 mph the torque split is 50/50, above that, under
normal driving, the split is 40/60. But it can split up to 2/98 under
- HDD Satellite Navigation System
- Electronic Traction Control
- Cruise Control
- Electrical Adjustable Seats
- Heated Seat (Premium Edition)
- Titanium muffler (10 kg lighter)
- Anti-theft immobilizer 250,000 JPY
- ► 2016 (51)
- ► 2015 (31)
- ► 2014 (70)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2012 (95)
- ► 2011 (99)
- ► 2010 (206)
- ► 2009 (302)
- ► 2008 (530)
- Mikes Time Attack Sentra
- SEMA show
- Sema Nissan booth
- Honda Party
- Oh I dont believe its not butter - or R33 GT-R Eba...
- 8 mpg
- Suzuki concept wheels - Roman chariot style
- Turbo Astrovan
- But wait - theres more Nissan Skyline GT-R on eBay...
- Once again - Once again its on - Ebay R33 GT-R
- Mines R34
- Barbies Hummerlimo
- Nissan S16 : Updated 2011
- USA Today
- Nissan GT-R Vspec arriving in 2009
- RB Wheels website - Used JDM wheels
- Greenland is melting - oh no - the sky is falling
- D1 GRAND PRIX ANNOUNCES NEW USA CHAMPIONSHIP POINT...
- Ultimate Street Car Challenge 2007 video - USCC
- Nissan Skyline buying guide - Car Magazine UK
- 7:38:54 Nurburgring - Nissan GT-R - Video
- Red R35 GT-R. Red is faster
- 7:38:54 Nurburgring - Nissan GT-R
- Nissan announces new Nissan GT-R - Press release
- R35 GT-R full specifications from Nissan
- Once again its on - Ebay R33 GT-R
- 2009 GT-R - Nissan email
- Its ashy outside. LA is burning down
- 2009 GT-R on Japanese TV
- Glenn Ivy
- My Kak and I
- TaTou ProMo Party
- At Pomona
- 2JZ alternative fuel
- Alternative Vehicle Expo
- Big Nasty on the dyno
- Redline TV Features JD Scion tC on SPEED Channel
- R34 Ultimate Street Car Challenge 2007
- Road and Track 2009 GT-R article
- Car and Driver 2009 GT-R article.
- SuperCarlos - GT-R Supastar - 7:38
- Merritts first Autoblog post
- An old GT-R photo
- Nissan to enhance sales, technical support service...
- 2009 Nissan GT-R - the highlights
- Autoweek - 2009 GT-R test drive
- 2009 GT-R Horsepower and 1/4 mile specs.
- Getting closer
- More new 2009 GT-R pics
- 2009 GT-R pictures and info from Autoweek
- 2009 Nissan GT-R revealed on cover of Motor Trend ...
- The Pedal-to-the-Metal, Totally Illegal, Cross-Cou...
- Sims Designer Had the Wright Stuff for Street Raci...
- Dromo1 new sticky tires
- Panda Expressing myself
- This is why ceramic exhaust wheels suck
- Inland Wholesale Auto Center
- Hot Rod Power Tour 2000
- Getting finish
- In Car 228 mph standing mile Supra
- Gore's Film Too Political For Schools
- ARB Settles with San Joaquin Valley's A.L. Gilbert...
- DirtGarage runs 9's on low mount turbos
- Texas Mile - Toyota Supra 228.7 mph
- WOTM Drag Invitaional in Phoenix, Arizona
- Headgasket test
- Upcoming events
- Sumo Power Breaks 4WD Drag Record with FUUJIN GTR!...
- Brinks to pay $147,000 to CARB for pollutions viol...
- 1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec for sale
- Modified Twin turbo pipe
- Nice reason for selling this R34 GT-R
- Honda V10 F1 engine on the dyno
- 1974 Gone in 60 Seconds final chase scene
- Hybrid cars song
- Honda makes fun of Prius
- The fast and the fatal: street racing fatal crashe...
- R34 Need for Speed
- Youtube randomness
- Interesting car database website
- 1984 Corvette Commerical
- Special "kurz" edition IS250
- Subaru Tskubua Challenge
- Interview with Mine's Niikura Michizo: GT-R Super ...
- I spent $700 on ho's today
- ▼ October (89)