Friday, November 30, 2007
The stupid clock. I hated the doomsday, countdown clock. It sucks. I wanted to break it at the end, they wouldn't let me. I even offered to pay for it.
We made our own wheels. We used 3 piece Volk outers , Steelie wheel centers, an adaptor ring , Ernie welded them up , and then we put them together. 18" steelie wheels. Steelie, Aluminum , 3 piece wheels.
Color matched the engine , did a couple other weird little details on it.
A 1991 BMW 5 series sedan - to a 5 series woody wagon. It was a bit of a werid stretch. The wood sucked. Turned out not the way we wanted. Maybe looked ok from far, but not so hot up close.
Bench seat in the front. Color matched interior.
Deck in the back , surfboard.
Wood steering wheel from Moonies , Surfboard rear view mirror , Hula girl on the dash.
We didn't finish all the way, so that hurt us. We ended up losing to this car.
"Once completed, the engines are run through both a zero and full load dyno test before shipment to the Tochigi assembly plant for installation. At that plant, the GT-R rolls down the same line as the Infiniti G35 and G37 but, once finished, it is put through a unique, eight-lap shakedown by one of ten trained drivers on a test track situated next to the factory."
"Toggle the transmission switch to its fastest shift-speed setting, flip to manual mode, and turn off the traction and stability control. Left foot on the brake, right foot pinning the throttle, and the engine revs rise to around 4500 rpm. Release the brake and the GT-R rockets off with a transmission shudder and a lovely four-wheel burnout. Grab the right paddle for a quick upshift at 7000 RPM and you've passed sixty mph in around 3.5 seconds according to Nissan. OK, we're not bored anymore. It was so much fun that we tried two more launches, maybe that was a bad idea. Just after the third try, a warning light labeled AWD lit up telling us, "Houston, we have problem". This light show reminded us of Tokyo at night and also brought along a load of heat radiating through the rear center console. Maybe this is why Nissan equipped the GT-R with an array of logging equipment and anti-modification software. The GT-R is the most powerful car with a dual-clutch gearbox other than the million-dollar Bugatti Veyron. We wonder if this quick-shifting transmission will prove to be the weak link when the tuner crowd cracks the code and turns the boost up to eleven on the dial. A Bill Gates style shutdown and restart brought the GT-R back to normal but we decided to be nice to the two-door rocket ship for the remainder of the flight."
"All GT-Rs, whether bound for Japan or the U.S., have the same suspension tuning - which includes a comfort mode that was developed specifically for the U.S.-market. Despite this, we still reserve our final judgment on ride quality until we drive the cars on our soil next year. That initial impression still holds - the GT-R may prove to be a little too stiff in everyday driving for some buyers."
Thursday, November 29, 2007
General Purpose Acuator
A real way to control the waste gate. Rather than an electric solenoid , varying a pulse width of open, to control the amount of air flow , to a mechanically actuated diaphragm. The only thing would be, hope you dont melt it.
It does open up some great things for boost control. I always call boost controllers , "boost guessers". They just get kinda close at guessing the amount of boost you want. Most are so complicated to setup, no one ever gets them right. And in the case of some units, if your battery goes flat, they lose their settings, and default to "blow up" boost.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Self Diagnosis Procedure R33(GTR and Vspec) and R34(GT-R) not Vspec1)Drive vehicle at 30 km/hr for at least 1 minute. Bring vehicle to a full stop. Do not turn off engine. Look at LED at top of control unit (red lamp). Note the number of times it blinks ON and OFF.
If two or more systems are malfunctioning, all warning lamps will blink ON and OFF2) After completing required maintenance procedures, be sure to erase results of self diagnosis testing from memory
3) Once again drive vehicle at 30 km/hr for at least 1 minute. Check that the 4wd warning lamp and ABS warning lamp are off.
How to Erase Self Diagnosis results - R33 - R34
1) Remove cables from battery terminals. Also remove ETS/ABS control unit connectors.
Monday, November 26, 2007
Interesting car. It is a replica, built off molds from one of the 20ish cars they disassembled for parts. 1968 Lotus Europa is how it started life, now it has a Sierra Cosworth engine in the back , 300hp pushing 2000 lbs. I usually don't like replicas, but this is a cool replica.
As brilliant as the new GT-R is, its premium price tag and limited availability means it will be out of reach of most sports car lovers for some time to come. Then there’s the 350Z but it too can be a bit expensive for younger fans. Sadly, Nissan’s affordable sports car, the Silvia (240SX), no longer exists. In fact, Nissan’s image of late has been skewed towards the SUV segment, but this may soon change with speculation there’s a Silvia replacement in the works.
I don't think that this car will be as soon as 2010. Maybe a 2011 or 2012 model.
Sunday, November 25, 2007
|Twin T51R SPL RB26DETT|
1000 horsepower stock?
Just put a chip to make 500 horsepower?
Is it true that the RB26 early block from the BNR32 is very durable compared to other standard blocks?
- Rated at 280 ps (Pferdestärke) or 276 horsepower stock from 1989-2002
- Found in the R32, R33, R34 GT-R
- Also found in the Stagea 260RS (aka Nissan Skyline GT-R Wagon)
- The RB26DE was available in the Autech R32
- Inline 6 cylinder
- Iron block
- Aluminum head
- 24 valve
- 2568cc of displacement
- 86mm bore x 73.7mm stroke
- Twin turbo
- Individual throttle bodies - that is six in groups of 2
- Coil on plug ignition
- Interference engine
|Stock R32 Dyno chart|
|R34 - Nissan Skyline GT-R|
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Friday, November 16, 2007
Idiots. The GT-R listing brings out idiots. If you are an idiot, don't send me a message on eBay. I'm not even going to send you a hat anymore.
Q: this is a skyline-GTS Nov-16-07
A: Is that a question or a statement ? Its a GT-R. The chassis number is BCNR33 . It has an RB26DETT in it. It is all wheel drive. It has aluminum hood and front fenders. Brembo brakes.
Serious ? This is a question. Telling me this R33 GT-R I have on eBay is a GTS ? Questioning my experience with GT-R's ? This slightly tweaked me....
easy dude i ment to say its like a GTS because the engine is not twin turbo.
Ok , I responded nice..now I get not nice
This is a GT-R. It is twin turbo. When you have 7 years experience working on Nissan Skyline GT-R's , then you can talk , till then STFU.
Then he answers me...
oh somebody got mad >.<>
Then I get really mad....
Are you an idiot ? Why exactly do you think this is not a twin turbo ? Does the toy car you have not have twin turbo ?
Do you need a picture of the engine - showing the "twin turbo" piping to prove to your feeble mind that this car is a twin turbo car ?
I work on these cars every single day. This car is a twin turbo car. STFU and go back into your hole.
- ► 2016 (51)
- ► 2015 (31)
- ► 2014 (70)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2012 (95)
- ► 2011 (99)
- ► 2010 (206)
- ► 2009 (302)
- ► 2008 (530)
- Trick it Out - MTV 3
- Automobile Magazine Review : 2009 R35 Nissan GT-R
- Urbanracer.com 2009 Nissan GT-R renderings
- Siemens Turbocharger
- Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec - $51500
- R33 ATTESA ECU location
- Some Big Nasty R32 GT-R videos
- 967 hp / 795 lbft
- R32 on the dyno
- D1- International finals. Nomuken vs Jr vs the wal...
- Ford RS200 - Replica at D1
- 2010 Nissan Silvia
- D1 - far away photo
- RB26DETT information : The myths , the truths
- RB26 D1
- Nissan R35 GT-R exhaust sound from GTR owners meet...
- R35 GT-R Key
- Tesla Roadster at the SEMA show - 2007
- Pictures from GT-R owners meet - R35 GT-R
- GT-R video from R35 GT-R roll out
- R35 GT-R roll in at GT-R owners meet
- GTR owners meet at Chiat Day
- So what qualifies you to tell me about the car I h...
- Its alive and its mean
- R35 GT-R images by Jim Marshall
- GMC Yukon Hybrid at LA Autoshow
- LA Autoshow - 2009 Nissan GT-R R35 pictures
- Need for Speed Prostreet - Every Battle counts
- Nissan R35 GT-R Press conference - LA Autoshow
- Edmunds.com - Inside Line - Chiat Day - Nissan - R...
- 1000 race victories by 1972 to being the Worlds fa...
- GTR Press kit
- 2009 GTR engine shots
- 2009 GTR
- Lamborghini Reventon
- Vector Supercar ??
- 2009 GTR Press kit
- 2009 Nissan GTR
- R35 GT-R at LA Auto show. Press conference
- Waiting for GTR Press Conference
- Infiniti booth at LA Autoshow
- Nissan booth LA Autoshow
- Scion Booth at the LA Autoshow
- M-Workz drives to a pair of 4th place finishes in ...
- China recycling used condoms as cheap hair bands
- Sound Performance Sequential twin turbo Supra kit
- XS Engineering R32 at Super Lap Battle
- 1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R R33 on ebay
- NHRA annouces relationship to sanction NOPI Drag R...
- Yes orange
- 19x10.5+4 on a R33 GTR
- Nissans Zama vehicle storage facility from Twintur...
- New DC-DC Converter Increases Hybrid Efficiency
- Countdown to LA Autoshow - 2009 Nissan GT-R
- That says 1:43.5
- Need for Speed ProStreet
- Orange Nissan Skyline GT-R R33
- Wheels and wheels - www.rbwheels.com
- My 2007 Halloween costume - Inspired by Gone in 60...
- GTR Press kit
- Purple R33 Nissan Skyline GT-R
- White R33 GT-R VS-XX wheels
- Feel the power
- Aftermarket Parts Database of Executive Orders
- V8 Barstool at SEMA video
- Panda Express 909
- The next time you make up a screen name and bid $5...
- R33 on eBay - this time the positive comments
- R33 GT-R on Ebay.
- Everything needs a tank engine
- Grey Goose got your girl feeling loose
- Save the drama
- Dry carbon briefcase
- Bio Hydrogen Ford Truck
- Hot Wheels
- ▼ November (78)