Formula DRIFT Expands International
Long Beach, Calif. – February 26, 2008 – Formula DRIFT will expand international for the first time with (2) exhibition events to take place this year. The first event will be held in Singapore on April 27, 2008 at the Singapore Air Show Grounds and the second event will be held in Mexico at the Autodromo Monterrey, on August 23, 2008.
For the first time in the 5 year history of Formula DRIFT, the series will be holding an international exhibition and drift competition. The Singapore Air Show Grounds plays host to the milestone event and is presented by Binter & Co, as an exclusive alliance with Formula DRIFT Holdings, LLC to expand and build the sport of drifting out of North America. Formula DRIFT Singapore will see 37 Singaporean, Malaysian, Thai, Chinese, Indonesian drifters compete with 3 Formula DRIFT Pros for the Trophy and a drift exhibition with some of Formula DRIFT’s top talent. The ambassadors of Formula DRIFT will be drivers: Ryuji Miki, Daijiro Yoshihara, and Casper Canul. More information can be found at: www.formuladrift.com.sg.
“Taking the Formula DRIFT brand internationally is a huge milestone. Our priority is to continue to build the Series here while growing the sport of drifting as a whole,” said Jim Liaw, president and co-founder of Formula DRIFT. “We are very careful in choosing our event partners and take careful consideration of the boundaries of our international affiliates such as Drift Australia, MSC, and Pro Drift.”
The second international event will be in conjunction with GDC/Drifting Mexico and will be held at Autodromo Monterrey on August 23, 2008. The original date of this event has been moved and this is the new confirmed date. More information on this event will be available soon.
For more information contact:
The ID Agency
Buy USA Legal R32 and R34 Skylines at Importavehicle.com!
- ► 2016 (51)
- ► 2015 (31)
- ► 2014 (70)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2012 (95)
- ► 2011 (99)
- ► 2010 (206)
- ► 2009 (302)
- Formula DRIFT Expands International
- California has new E85 station open to the public
- ARB to give rebates to clean vehicle buyers
- R34 Skyline GT-R Black seats
- Super Taikyu Nissan Skyline GTR at the 3rd annual ...
- REARWARD-VIEWING CAMERAS AND SENSORS TO BECOME STA...
- Evo 6.5 California Registration
- Counterfit Chinese Scooters and Revoked Registrati...
- Nissan Motorsports Exhibition 2008
- Kart Factory
- 50s Ranch House
- Four inch Titanium Exhaust for an R33 GT-R
- Steering wheel
- Oil cooler
- GTRs in the US
- Jackson-Dawson and Scion Take a First and Second a...
- JDM parts galore - Blitz, Mugen , Silvia , Greddy
- Cleaning up inside
- Air Resources Board provides $250,000 for new hydr...
- Gorilla in the snow
- Ohare Oasis over the 294
- That says 6 degrees
- Biofuels - Worse than oil ?
- Nopi Drift Events 2008
- D1 Cancels 2008 Professional Drift Series in the U...
- Payday Loans
- MotoRex plate frame
- We made it
- What's all this white stuff on the ground ?
- Jacks back
- Leaving Springfield
- Skyline King - Someone that thinks he knows - but ...
- Steak and Shake
- Getting gas in Texas
- Don't Mess With Texas
- Breakfast of Champions
- Tastes like the leading chocolate sandwich creme c...
- Red booties
- Bedtime in Albuqueque
- Hit a retread on the highway
- Gas in Ash Fork , Arizona
- Arizona..come on raise up
- Dairy Queen
- Multimedia message
- Multimedia message
- Leaving RB
- R32 GTR's
- Loading up at Adams
- Chicagos Temperatures on Sunday
- Brian in the trunk
- 14" Dayton Wire wheel
- Road trip - Gucci Cadillac Fleetwood vs US40
- Let's Wok
- Nissan Skyline GT-R - R34 C-West Demo Car for sale...
- XS Engineering Clearance Specials
- E85 available in Los Angeles
- Wastegate made a crater
- Underground Motorsports RB26 powered S14
- Nissan Reports First Profit Rise in Five Quarters
- Rebates up to $5,000 for new electric and alternat...
- Prime Auto Auction
- ▼ February (69)
- ► 2007 (572)