Buy USA Legal R32 and R34 Skylines at Importavehicle.com!
Sunday, March 09, 2008
They said it - I didn't. Regardless of the law, they will import you a car. Perhaps they were looking for a different word ? Or perhaps it was a Freudian slip.
They say in here, they can take a street car, put a cage and seats in it, and make it into a race car. Are they sure they are not trying to import the cars temporarily. Then telling people its permanent. Whos going to be liable for the bond in a year, when the temporary bond is up ?
To import a motor vehicle into the United States on a temporary basis for racing purposes, you must:
Apply to NHTSA for a letter granting you permission to import the vehicle on a temporary basis. For that purpose, you should use the application form posted on this website.
File with Customs, upon entry, an HS-7 Declaration form on which Box 7 is checked, indicating that the motor vehicle does not comply with all applicable Federal Motor Vehicle Safety, Bumper, and Theft Prevention Standards, but is being imported solely for the purpose of competitive racing events.
Attach a copy of the NHTSA permission letter to the HS-7 Declaration form that you furnish to Customs.
To obtain such a permission letter from NHTSA, you must submit to the agency the following information in the order stated:
1. Importer’s name, address, and daytime phone number.
2. Customs broker’s name, contact, and phone number.
3. Vehicle information (make, model, model year, and VIN or identifying number).
4. A list of the racing features of the vehicle.
5. A list of the features lacking that are needed for use of the vehicle on public roads.
6. Photographs showing the following views: front, rear, side, and interior. Racing features and/or features lacking for on-road use on public roads should be shown in the photographs.
7. The name of the sanctioning body and competition class.
8. Previous race history of the vehicle (if any).
9. Schedule of racing events, including dates and locations where vehicle will compete (if any).
10. Copy of the competition-racing license of the importer (if any).
Permission to import a motor vehicle temporarily is granted in annual increments for up to three years if duty is not paid, or for up to five years if duty is paid. No later than 30 days after the expiration of the period for which permission is granted, the vehicle must be either exported from the United States or destroyed.
- ► 2016 (33)
- ► 2015 (31)
- ► 2014 (70)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2012 (95)
- ► 2011 (99)
- ► 2010 (206)
- ► 2009 (302)
- Garage Epoxy Coating
- US legal R33 GT-R for sale
- Hot Dog Cart
- Bdubbs party
- Garage Cleaning
- 1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R Stolen in Canada - Update...
- Formula Drift Season Opener - April 12th Long Beac...
- Sleeper of the day - 2JZ powered BMW 328
- MS Walk - Help out an original US GT-R owner
- SoCal Track Events 2008
- HIN AIT Civic
- R32, R33, R34, R35 GT-R
- HIN LA
- I wonder what's missing here ?
- Jeffs R32 for HIN
- JGTC Supra
- R35 GTR
- Best use of a trailer light today
- Interesting xB
- This is kinda what two RB26s put together....
- ENGINES THAT IMPACT THE COMPACT PERFORMANCE MARKET...
- OLD CAR EMISSIONS EXEMPTION THREATENED IN EIGHT CA...
- PILOT AUTOMOTIVE ACQUIRES RACING SPORTS AKIMOTO AN...
- Set emissions readiness
- Look what I found in the parking garage
- Diesel is getting expensive
- Panda Express Yourself
- IH8OPEC license plate.
- When you drive a GMC Yukon XL
- Stealth Needles
- Now driving a...
- Street Racer
- Some shoot
- Guess what I'm driving today ?
- Kaizo Industries R34 GT-R for Sale on Ebay
- 1995 Nissan Skyline GT- R R33 for Sale on Ebay
- J Spec Connect Car on the Dyno
- JSpec Connect R35 GT-R on the dyno
- Drift Tuners - aka Drift Turders - Claiming Six Ca...
- Drift Tuners - Will Import You a Car - REGARDLESS ...
- As If I Don't Have Enough On My Plate - Drift Tune...
- Supaca Imports - Spitting more knowledge
- Supaca Imports - "Preofessionally" represened by T...
- Supaca Imports - Liars and Scammers
- Supaca Imports - Now an email from Lewis Kim
- R35 GT-R for sale in the US - RHD- JDM car
- Timothy Lee Goodman - Supaca Imports - Is this whe...
- More from Supaca Imports- More names, more emails,...
- Supaca Imports - I get more activity.
- Another Day - Another Email from the Scammers - Su...
- Supaca Imports emailed me back
- Supaca Imports - Where are you located ?
- Supaca Imports - They say they are a have an autom...
- 2008 NOPI Motorsports Schedule
- Supaca Imports - Where are their phone numbers re...
- Supaca Imports LLC, Nevada Corporation in Default
- Supaca Imports - Located in an Office Building or ...
- Supaca Imports - I Wish They Could Learn English
- Supaca Imports - Back for More
- Auto Otaku Coverage of the Nissan Motorsports Exhi...
- Who burned up their GTS ?
- Inland Wholesale Auto Center
- ▼ March (65)
- ► 2007 (572)