$41,000 settles clean air violations for heavy-duty diesel
ARB cites Source Interlink and Wingfoot Commercial Tire Systems
SACRAMENTO - The California Air Resources Board last week
penalized two out-of-state companies for violation of clean
diesel truck regulations around the state for a total of
Source Interlink Companies, headquartered in Coral Springs,
Fla., and Wingfoot Commercial Tire Systems, based in Fort Smith,
Ark., in 2006 and 2007 violated California's Periodic Smoke
Inspection Program, which requires owners of
California-registered trucks to regularly inspect their vehicles
to meet state air quality standards.
Wingfoot's violations occurred in Walnut, Ontario, Chino,
Visalia, Benicia, Fresno, Hayward, Modesto, Redding, South San
Francisco, San Jose, Stockton and West Sacramento. Source
Interlink Companies' violations occurred in Los Angeles.
"Compliance by paying penalties is a needlessly expensive way to
do business in California," ARB Chairman Mary D. Nichols said.
"Savvy business owners comply with laws from the outset, avoid
fines and contribute to clean air goals."
ARB enforcement teams found that both Wingfoot and Source
Interlink failed to properly inspect their diesel-powered
vehicle fleets. To settle the case, Wingfoot agreed to the
$30,000 penalty and Source Interlink agreed to $11,625 to comply
with the state's clean truck regulations.
In addition to the penalties, both companies must:
* Ensure that staff responsible for compliance with the
diesel truck emission inspection program attend diesel education
courses and provide certificates of completion within one year;
* Instruct vehicle operators to comply with the state's
* Complete heavy-duty diesel engine software and control
technology upgrades in compliance with regulations;
* Supply all smoke inspection records to ARB for the next
four years; and
* Properly label engines to ensure compliance with the
engine emissions certification program regulations.
Wingfoot paid $22,500 and Source Interlink $8,718 into the
California Air Pollution Control fund, created to conduct air
pollution research and fund several programs aimed at reducing
emissions as well as educating the public on pollution
prevention. In addition, the Peralta Community College District
will receive $7,500 from Wingfoot and $2,906 from Source
Interlink to fund diesel technology education programs and
training for staff that operate diesel-fueled vehicles.
Unchecked, emissions from heavy-duty diesel trucks contribute to
toxic diesel particulate matter levels that are a danger to
public health. Diesel emissions contribute to poor air quality
throughout the state.
The Air Resources Board is a department of the California
Environmental Protection Agency. ARB's mission is to promote and
protect public health, welfare, and ecological resources through
effective reduction of air pollutants while recognizing and
considering effects on the economy. The ARB oversees all air
pollution control efforts in California to attain and maintain
health based air quality standards.
Buy USA Legal R32 and R34 Skylines at Importavehicle.com!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
- ► 2016 (51)
- ► 2015 (31)
- ► 2014 (70)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2012 (95)
- ► 2011 (99)
- ► 2010 (206)
- ► 2009 (302)
- Wrapped around a pole
- ARB cites Apria Health Care $14,000 for air qualit...
- Japanese Muscle: Part 7of 10. Nissan Skyline GT-R
- 1928 Ford engine
- 2009 Nissan Maxima : Motor Trend Test
- Exedy Triple Plate Carbon Clutch Push for R32 GT-R...
- Regrow an Arm, or a Finger, with Magic Pixie Dust
- 1/43 Ebbro Skyline GT-R JGTC test car
- 1982 Mercedes 300D - Turbo Diesel for Sale
- If you fall off, you should get right back on.
- I heart nitrous
- Targa Newfoundland - Updates - Prepping for Paint ...
- Speedhunters website goes live
- GMC Typhoon launches in reverse
- July 2008 Sport Compact Car
- Left hand drive ( LHD ) Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 fo...
- Big Bird R33 Skyline GT-R off the two step
- Japanese Muscle: Part 6 of 10. Nissan Skyline GT-R...
- Better than a Hybrid: Buy a used car
- 2009 Nissan Maxima unveiling at Stillen
- HKS GT-RS turbos. Nissan Skyline GT-R RB26DETT
- Targa Newfoundland - Preping for Paint
- Nissan 370Z picture and information
- LIVE SOCKETS BATTLE SERIES REVS UP AT CALIFORNIA S...
- Nissan Skyline GT-R : Japanese Muscle 5 of 10
- ARB cites Source Interlink and Wingfoot Commercial...
- Nissan R34 GT-R Service Manual in English
- Nissan GT 2012 Mid-term Business Plan Unveiled
- ARB proposes new rule to clean up state trucks, bu...
- New Nissan S16 Silvia ?
- Ethanol Alternatives Stuck in the Slow Lane
- GRID Match : Bonus Clips. Flip a Bitch Contest
- GRID Match : Part 4 of 4. Flip a Bitch Contest
- GRID Match : Part 3 of 4. Flip a Bitch Contest
- R32 GT-R passing a Viper in the Canyons
- Big Bird R33 GT-R burnout video
- Building a Beast
- ARB Fines Crown Disposal Company $88,000
- Targa Newfoundland - Updates - Wheels
- GRID Match : Part 2 of 4. Flip a Bitch Contest
- GRID Match : Part 1 of 4. Flip a Bitch Contest
- Mr. Sweet
- ▼ May (42)
- ► 2007 (572)