From SEMA NewsArrow Speed Warehouse, a 51-year-old distributor of specialty equipment based in Kansas City, Kansas, filed for bankruptcy protection earlier this week. According to the Kansas City Star and other local media reports, Keystone Automotive Operations has emerged as a likely buyer for Arrow Speed’s assets.
Keystone has reportedly bid $12 million to acquire Arrow Speed’s inventory and other assets, according to a company press release.
The Star reports that Arrow Speed listed assets of $26 million and debts of $31.6 million in its Chapter 11 filing. In the wake of the filing, Arrow Speed laid off about 35 of its 213 employees.
“It’s the whole economy right now—$4 gas, low consumer confidence, and consumers not having discretionary income,” Ronald L. Coppaken, president and principal owner of Arrow Speed since 1985, told the Star. “And then we sell a lot of truck accessories, and quite frankly, the lack of light truck sales and SUVs has caused our business to be down.”
Arrow Speed has 100,000 square feet of warehouse and office space in Kansas City, Kansas, and branch warehouses totaling 170,000 square feet in Tulsa, St. Louis, St. Paul, Dallas and Nashville.
Buy USA Legal R32 and R34 Skylines at Importavehicle.com!
Friday, September 26, 2008
- ► 2016 (48)
- ► 2015 (31)
- ► 2014 (70)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2012 (95)
- ► 2011 (99)
- ► 2010 (206)
- ► 2009 (302)
- Chevrolet Volt
- MSRP ? Markups ? The ZR1 Lands on Ebay
- Can You Guess Whats Going To Happen Here ?
- 1972 Nissan Skyline - Hakosuka
- Oh my god... 150hp...look out...
- MEET FEDERAL AND CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS REGULATIONS ...
- ARROW SPEED WAREHOUSE FILES FOR BANKRUPTCY; KEYSTO...
- 2008 PTC NASA Scion In Car Video
- just because it says 8 feet....
- Jackson-Dawson and Scion Win National Championship...
- Car dealership to pay ARB $34,750 for installing u...
- Heading West
- 200 down 2117 left
- Nasty Mid Ohio
- Windshield defogger
- Free Beer Is Good Beer
- GTR at Mid Ohio in the rain
- White Castle
- Toyota Supra at the Texas Mile 229.7 mph
- white castle
- Mid Ohio Sports Car Course
- Cast Over
- Welcome to Ohio
- Found in a Bathroom
- Headed to Mid-Ohio Racetrack.
- Who Needs a Truck When you Have a G-Body
- ▼ September (29)
- ► 2007 (572)