Washington lawmakers are drafting a large economic stimulus package to help create jobs and rebuild infrastructure. They want to include a nationwide scrappage program which would give U.S. tax dollars to consumers who turn-in older cars to have them crushed, as a misguided attempt to spur new car sales. The lawmakers need to scrap this idea.
The stimulus package is being drafted right now. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) wants to introduce the bill on January 6 and have it approved by Congress by January 20, so that President Obama can sign it into law after he is inaugurated.
Contact House Speaker Nancy Pelosi IMMEDIATELY To Oppose Cash for Clunkers!
Click here to send an electronic message: http://speaker.house.gov/contact/
Feel free to use any of the statements below as a starting point for your message to Speaker Pelosi.
* I am [calling/writing] to urge lawmakers not to include a “Cash for Clunkers” provision in the economic stimulus bill. Owners who turn in vehicles for crushing would receive a "minimal" payment to purchase a new car. This is a misguided attempt to spur car sales and claim that the country’s air quality or fleet fuel mileage is being improved.
* I work for [company name] located in [city and state]. My company is part of the specialty automotive industry, an industry which enables consumers to enhance their vehicle’s appearance, performance, comfort, convenience and safety. “Cash for Clunkers” programs deny our small businesses the availability of older cars necessary to develop and market their products and services. The programs will hurt my company and our customers.
* “Cash for Clunkers” programs threaten enthusiasts nationwide with the loss of valuable parts and parts-cars for repair, restoration, and customization projects. The programs also risk destroying classic, historic and special-interest vehicles, our American heritage.
* Cars turned in for scrappage often barely run, or are rarely-driven second or third vehicles that have a minimal impact on overall fuel economy or emissions.
* “Cash for Clunkers” programs will reduce the availability of affordable transportation and repair parts used by low-income drivers. It will also compete with the Salvation Army, the Purple Heart and other charities that rely on vehicle donations to raise money.
* “Cash for Clunkers” ignores better policy options. If Congress wants to act, support for repair and upgrade is a better choice and a win-win for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and repair shops. Significant emissions and fuel economy improvements can be achieved in older vehicles through relatively simple and inexpensive means: repaired/replaced exhaust systems, tune-ups, etc.
* We hope we can count on you to reject “Cash for Clunkers.” Thank you for your consideration on this very important matter.
If you choose to send a message to Speaker Pelosi, please send a copy of your message to SEMA also:
Buy USA Legal R32 and R34 Skylines at Importavehicle.com!
- ► 2016 (33)
- ► 2015 (31)
- ► 2014 (70)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2012 (95)
- ► 2011 (99)
- ► 2010 (206)
- ► 2009 (302)
- My 2008 Year in Review
- Oppose "Cash for Clunkers" Legislation
- dog head mounted
- Nissan GT-R Diecasts
- RB26DETT , RB26 Parts
- In Car Video - JIC/Ziel R35 on Buttonwillow.
- Turbocharger Glass Art
- Buttonwillow R35 GT-R Trackday
- gtrs at buttonwillow
- gtrs at buttonwillow
- Dyno Tests Gone Wrong
- JUN RB26 Cooling System Modifications
- RB26DETT Water Pump : N1 vs Stock
- mariachi christmas party
- Quickest 1/4 mile Nissan Skyline GT-R’s in the US
- Samurai Speeds Transmission Breaks On Video
- Federally Legal Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 For Sale
- Garage Saurus R32 Tsukuba Lap Battle
- OS Giken RB30 on the Engine Dyno Video
- R.I.P.S. RB30 Promotional Video
- 1224 whp R34 GT-R in Australia
- Drift Tuners is Giving Up the Business
- OS Giken RB30 , OS Giken RB31 , Nissan RB30 , HKS ...
- Importing a Nissan Skyline
- R33 GT-R vs Mitsubishi GTO vs Porsche 993 Turbo
- D1GP USA Announces Official 2009 Schedule, Locatio...
- Gary's R32 GT-R
- We Called JK Technologies to Ask Them About Drift ...
- Nismo/Motul Competition Gear Oil
- Drift Tuners : Federal Law ? State Law ? Whats the...
- Drift Tuners Is Going to Sue Me.
- Drift Tuners : Their Own Forums AKA Using Their Ow...
- Drift Tuners Moving Forum to Forum Trying to Scam ...
- Fast and Furious 4 Releasing April 2009
- Federally Legal Nissan Skyline GTS ( R33 ) For Sal...
- Updated Drag Times - SP Engineering R35 and R33
- 17x 14 : Work Equip
- R35 GT-R Service Manual on CD
- Daily Show : Automaker Bailout Explaination
- How to import vehicles from Japan Guide
- Nissan Skyline GT-R OEM Part Numbers
- RB26 GT5591 Build Up
- GT-R Trackday at Buttonwillow Dec 29th.
- R34 - R35 GT-R Photoshoot From Atlanta
- R32 GT-R R34 GT-R Picture Randomness
- Focus Auto Sales Coverage IDRC GT-R Event
- Nissan Skyline GT-R Drag Racing
- Where Did the GT-R Go ?
- Nissan Skyline GT-R vs Toyota Supra at the Drag St...
- Super Lap Battle 2008 Finals Results
- Your Zonda F is Fast , Bugatti Veyron is Faster
- Nismo Festival 2008 Pictures
- ▼ December (56)
- ► 2007 (572)