Sacramento – The Air Resources Board this month fined Orange County-based On the Edge Marketing and CSK Auto Inc. of Phoenix $240,000 for selling gasoline-powered blenders using illegal uncertified small off-road engines to California businesses and residents. Sales of these unauthorized blenders, popular for mixing beverages at tail-gate parties and other outdoor events, occurred in 2007. They feature “two-stroke” engines similar in size to those that power small chain saws, and require that oil be mixed in with the gas. These types of illegal uncertified engines from China can produce emissions 10 times as high as those of compliant certified engines approved for use in California. “Gasoline-powered blenders may be this year's tailgate sensation, but drinkers should not be polluting our air while having a good time,” said ARB Chairman Mary D. Nichols. Both companies, which originally imported about 3,000 of these blenders from China, have been ordered to stop selling goods with non-certified small off-road engines, and to make payments to the California Air Pollution Control Fund, which supports projects and research to prevent air pollution. Non-certified gasoline engines can produce excess smog-forming emissions that can cause difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, coughs, heightened asthma rates, cardiopulmonary ailments and premature deaths. CSK Auto, Inc. owns and operates more than 1,300 retail auto parts stores in multiple states under the brand names Checker Auto Parts, Schuck's Auto Supply, and Murray's Discount Auto Stores. The company operates "Kragen Auto Parts" stores in California. CSK bills itself as the largest specialty auto parts and accessories retailer in the western U.S. On the Edge Marketing manufactures and imports a variety of niche items, including private label products.
Buy USA Legal R32 and R34 Skylines at Importavehicle.com!
- ► 2016 (51)
- ► 2015 (31)
- ► 2014 (70)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2012 (95)
- ► 2011 (99)
- ► 2010 (206)
- Two R34's and R32 Seized in California : Kaizo Dra...
- Kaizo R34 GT-R Pictures in Import Tuner
- Cash for Clunkers - Buick GNX
- Public Enemy GT-R Shirts
- California adopts new limits for in consumer produ...
- Nissan Skyline R34 Buggy Car Video
- SP Engineering GT-R Day
- ARB fines marketers of gasoline-powered blenders $...
- 1971 Hakosuka GT-R Clone , 1971 Hakosuka , 1974 Ke...
- Kaizo Updates : After Labor Day
- R34 GT-R or is it an R32 GT-R ?
- Emergency Hookers Towing
- From MotoIQ : 1000 hp GT-R's in Australia
- Valspar fined $218,000 for consumer products viola...
- Two Kaizo R34's sitting in a Storage Yard Near San...
- 900RR Powered Kart : Watch the Video
- Noble M12 GTO-3R
- South state motorcycle dealers pay $180,000 in pen...
- Sunbelt Rentals fined $98,500 for emissions violat...
- ▼ September (20)
- ► 2008 (530)
- ► 2007 (572)