Rain and high horsepower rear wheel drive cars, sans one. What do you think happens ? Great Best Motoring video.
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Thursday, November 26, 2009
YoParts is giving away a Nissan GT-R. The car was recently baseline tested at Battle of the Imports. Details of the contest can be found here- http://www.yoparts.com/gtr.php
Testing the YoParts R35 at Battle of the Imports. All stock, all in auto. Ed Bergenholtz piloting the GT-R.
Monday, November 23, 2009
DSPORT Nissan Skyline GT-R 9.86 @ 145 mph : Battle of the Imports November 2009. DSPORT R33 GT-R vs the YoParts R35 GT-R. The R35 got a bad start and Ed Bergenholtz let off. This was the best pass for the DSPORT R33 this day. New Nitto drag radials were on the car. The NT05R. Very soft, big wide strip of rubber in the middle . The launches for the R33 were a little soft all day. Mike worked on it, but did not end up improving on this pass. This is the quickest pass for this car improving on its previous best 9.98 pass.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Cosworth showed their new head gaskets for the VR38DETT engine at the 2009 SEMA Show. There were not many details available at the show, but Cosworth products are always top notch, tested and engineered parts.
Cosworth High Performance Head Gaskets are engineered to seal in power under the most demanding conditions. Constructed from stainless steel with a folded stopper layer, each application features superior sealing compared to conventional multi layer steel gaskets. Additionally, Cosworth High Performance Head Gaskets are manufactured from pre-coated die cut stainless steel resulting in uniform coating distribution and consistent shape.
- Engineered specifically for sleeved large bore applications
- Individual die cut layers of stainless steel with superior consistency compared to laser cut gaskets
- Pre-coated stainless steel with a 0.25 micron layer of nitrile rubber ensures consistent distribution of coating with no high or low areas
- Manufacturing dimensional tolerance of +/- 0.001
- Die cut manufacturing process ensures smooth edges, unlike laser cut gaskets
- Cosworth gaskets feature a folded stopper layer for additional torque around each cylinder. The width of sealing area is specific for each application thereby providing ultimate sealing properties
- Available in a range of thicknesses for specific applications
Rotora brakes displayed their new RF601 brake kit on a Nissan Skyline GT-R at the 2009 SEMA show. The setup features 6 piston front calipers, with 4 piston rear calipers clamping down on 355mm x 32 mm carbon ceramic rotors front and rear. The braking system reduces brake weight by 38% vs a comparable 6 piston/4 piston 355/32 setup. The RF601 system will come in at a retail price of $15,000 and will be available in April 2010. Life of the rotors on a street car was rumored to be over 100k miles.
The system was displayed on an R34 GT-R S-Tune, but if it fits on an R34 it should cross over to several other Nissans and even some other brands. A new caliper bracket would be required and it would fit R32 GT-R’s with the right wheels. It should bolt straight up to an R33, the only concerns would be caliper clearance, as with any big brake kit. The factory brake setup on an R33,R34 , 350Z(Brembo), EVO,and STI are very similar. It should be possible to fit this carbon ceramic brake kit to a number of vehicles with a new caliper bracket.
Monday, November 09, 2009
At the 2009 SEMA show in the Hankook booth, Dynamic Autosports presented their 2009 Nissan GT-R for the 2010 Formula Drift Season. According to the information in the booth, the car will be powered by a stroked VQ engine from a Nissan 350Z, and use a G-Force transmission. This will help keep the costs down, and will allow Dynamic Autosports to run a drift proven setup. They did not rule out running a VR engine in the future. Come back here to the blog for some more information prior to the 2010 Formula Drift season.
Thursday, November 05, 2009
Tuesday, November 03, 2009
A few pictures of things from the 2009 SEMA show in Las Vegas. This is my 12th year going to the show, and unlike most years, it is not bigger than the previous year. Its pretty obvious that traffic is lighter, and booth count is down. Some halls have whole sections curtained off. State of the economy.
Lots and lots and lots of 2010 Camaros at the show. There must be about 70 of them at the show. Maybe more. A good number of R35 GT-R's, and Hyundai Genesis Coupes.
- ► 2016 (51)
- ► 2015 (31)
- ► 2014 (70)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2012 (95)
- ► 2011 (99)
- ► 2010 (206)
- Racing in the Rain : F40 vs XJR15 vs RUF vs NSX vs...
- Cefrio to RB26 Pickup Transformation
- YoParts R35 GT-R at Battle of the Imports
- DSPORT Nissan Skyline GT-R 9.86 @ 145 mph : Battle...
- Cosworth Nissan GT-R VR38DETT Head Gaskets : SEMA ...
- Carbon Ceramic Brakes for Nissan Skyline GT-R’s : ...
- Dynamic Autosports/ Hankook Tire Nissan GT-R for F...
- SEMA 2009 : Caprice...
- SEMA Show 2009 : Day 2 Day 3 Pictures
- SEMA Show 2009 : Day 1 Pictures
- ▼ November (10)
- ► 2008 (530)
- ► 2007 (572)