DG-Spec Scion Team Adds Greg Shaffer to Potent Driver Roster
TORRANCE, Calif. — In the midst of another historic season, the DG-Spec World Challenge Scion team has added experienced driver Greg Shaffer to its already impressive roster of drivers. Shaffer will pilot the number 36 DG-Spec Scion tC Touring Car at rounds 10 and 11 at Virginia International Raceway in just a couple of weeks. Shaffer most recently drove the Irish Mike’s VW Jettas in World Challenge and Grand-Am competition.
“We’re all really excited to have Greg on board,” said team owner Dan Gardner. “He was quite fast at Mosport in the Jetta, and we think he’ll take well to our Scion, which is similar in some ways. That said, we know he’ll become a true Scion believer after the event!”
With Shaffer at the wheel, the number 36 car will be looking to capture more team points. The car currently sits in third place, a stone’s throw away from the second place Mazda. Shaffer joins Dan Gardner and Tom Lepper as a driver contributing to the team championship for DG-Spec in the 36 car.
“I can’t wait to drive the DG-Spec Scion,” said Shaffer. “They’re obviously the cars to beat in Touring Car this year, and it will be exciting to see what they’re all about. VIR is my home track, so I’m looking to defend my turf here in Virginia. It’s exciting to be able to jump in mid-season and still contribute toward the team championship. I’m just pumped to be with the team for this event.”
Rounds 10 and 11 of the World Challenge series will take place on September 10-12. Both of the weekend’s races can be viewed through live timing and scoring at www.world-challenge.com. Rounds 8 and 9 at Mid-Ohio will be broadcast on the Versus Network on Saturday, August 28 at 4:30 p.m. Eastern. Twenty-four hours later the program can be viewed online at www.world-challengetv.com.
The team’s progress throughout the season can be followed at www.scionracing.com and www.facebook.com/scionracing.
The DG-Spec team uses and is supported by:
• Scion-supplied OE parts
• TRD-supplied supercharger and intercooler, front big brake kit
• Jackson-Dawson Communications
• Pilot Automotive HID driving lamps
• Nitto NT-01 tires for testing
• Enkei PF01 17x8 wheels
• OS Giken Super Lock Limited Slip Differential (LSD)
• Dezod-supplied AEM standalone engine management, plug-and-play harness, fuel rail, injectors, end links, and stainless clutch line
• Church Automotive Testing dyno tuning
• Moton Suspension remote reservoir coilover shocks
• Vogtland springs
• DG-Spec Progress Technology rear swaybar and camber kits
• Motul brake fluid, engine oil, transmission fluid, and super coolant
• Racepak IQ3 logger dash and VNET sensors
• AEM sensors, EMS, and dry flow air filter
• Kaminari carbon-fiber roof and composite headlights
• Reflections body work
• America’s Tire Co. tire mounting and balancing
• Racetech Viper head-restraint race seat and 6-point harnesses
• Centerforce clutch and low-inertia steel flywheel
• AIT carbon-fiber hood and hatch
• DG-Spec Wild Pony Motorsports-supplied camber/caster plates
• Goodridge fittings and lines
• Carbotech Performance Brakes
• G-Force racing suit, gloves, helmet, window nets, and other safety and crew gear
• DC Sports header
• Energy Suspension bushings and motor mounts
• HoseTechniques silicone hoses
• Tri-Mountain Racewear team gear
• NST supercharger pulley, Braille batteries, and shifter bushings
• SquareSkull designs
• Sampson Racing Communications (SRC) radio systems
The World Challenge is North America's top production car-based racing championship. Divided into three separate classes (World Challenge Touring Car, World Challenge GTS, and World Challenge GT), races follow a sprint format and are 50 minutes start to finish. Each race features thrilling standing starts, adrenaline filled door-to-door action, and top-notch drivers. Drivers pilot cars from the world's most popular manufacturers, featuring race-prepped versions of the cars we drive on the streets! The World Challenge is sanctioned by SCCA Pro Racing and races at North America's premier road and temporary street courses.
DG Spec is a line of parts designed and endorsed by National Champion Scion road racer Dan Gardner. Gardner draws up the specifications for the parts himself. The parts are then tested and proven on the track. The goal of DG Spec is to provide enthusiasts with parts that have been developed on the track and that have significant performance advantages at an honest price. Parts are offered either in hardcore track trim, identical to what Gardner and his team race with, or in Gardner-specified standards more appropriate for enthusiast use on the street. www.DanGardnerSpec.com
Buy USA Legal R32 and R34 Skylines at Importavehicle.com!
- ► 2016 (47)
- ► 2015 (31)
- ► 2014 (70)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2012 (95)
- ► 2011 (99)
- Shaffer to Drive Number 36 Scion tC Touring Car at...
- STILLEN Stage 1 Performance Parts Upgrades for Nis...
- BBS RS Wheels Gun Metal 15x7+25 Bolt pattern modif...
- A.B. 1740 : Specialty Constructed Vehicles : Calif...
- Calsonic Group A R32 GT-R Video
- 2012 Nissan GT-R : DBA-R35
- Racecar Engineering : Nissan GT-R GT1
- Jamboree 2010: Nissan Skyline GT-R vs Wall
- 8 Second Go Kart
- Who's 21st Birthday is Today?
- Gruppe S GT-R Does Playboy TV
- JAMBOREE Drag Racing in Australia STREAMS LIVE thi...
- Pagani Zonda R – 6:47 at Nurburgring
- Heat Treatments R32 GT-R : Drag Racing
- Shea Racing Video : Mid Ohio 2010 : Race 1
- Chris Rado to Debut New Scion tC at Redline Time A...
- Greddy Fest 2
- IDRC Finals (Drag Race, Car Show, Formula D) Sept ...
- Fontana Nissan Meet Video August 2010
- Fontana Nissan Meet Pictures
- Fontana Nissan Meet
- ▼ August (21)
- ► 2009 (302)
- ► 2008 (530)
- ► 2007 (572)