Buy USA Legal R32 and R34 Skylines at Importavehicle.com!
Thursday, January 31, 2008
NISSAN ANNOUNCES NEW 2008 SEASON MOTORSPORT PROGRAMS
NISSAN ANNOUNCES NEW 2008 SEASON MOTORSPORT PROGRAMS
- New GT-R to challenge for SUPER GT Series in Japan -
TOKYO (January 31, 2008) - Nissan Motor Co. Ltd and Nissan Motorsports International Co., Ltd. (NISMO) today announced their 2008 Global Motorsport Programs.
Highlighting the company’s continued commitment to global motorsport, Nissan will enter the all-new GT-R into the premium Japanese motorsport series, SUPER GT.
2008 marks the return of GT-R to racing, following the transition from the R34 model to the Z five years ago. Continuing from last year, Mr. Kunihiko Kakimoto will be the General Manager for all Nissan related teams, and the NISMO Team Manager will be Mr. Yoshitaka Iijima.
NISMO will give technical support and car development support to teams entering the NISSAN GT-R in SUPER GT. As a part of the Nissan team group, NISMO, HASEMI MOTORSPORT, TEAM IMPUL, and KONDO RACING will enter the GT500 class with a total of five NISSAN GT-Rs.
The 2008 NISSAN GT-R has been developed with the following areas of focus:
1. Reducing parts weight, lowering the center of gravity and optimizing weight distribution to improve handling and vehicle dynamics
2. Using the aerodynamics of the new NISSAN GT-R to decrease drag and increase down-force
3. Increased power and improved efficiency from the VK45 engine
♦Teams Car # Entrant Manager Driver Car Name
22 NISMO Yoshitaka Iijima Michael Krumm
Masataka Yanagida MOTUL AUTECH GT-R
23 Satoshi Motoyama
Benoit Treluyer XANAVI NISMO GT-R
3 HASEMI MOTOR SPORT Masahiro Hasemi Ronnie Quintarelli
Naoki Yokomizo YellowHat YMS TOMICA GT-R
12 TEAM IMPUL Kazuyoshi Hoshino Tsugio Matsuda
Sebastien Philippe CALSONIC IMPUL GT-R
24 KONDO RACING Masahiko Kondo Joao Paolo de Oliveira
Seiji Ara ADVAN Clarion GT-R
A variety of motorsport programs will be supported by Nissan
March Cup Race/Nissan racing school
A total of 11 races run through regional championships (EAST Japan Series, WEST Japan Series, and NISSAN MARCH Champion Cup) using the March compact car. By standardizing on-board data-loggers, entrants can steadily learn how to improve driving skills, as well as the physical excitement of a racing car.
In addition, Nissan will conduct racing schools at each circuit before races using a March Cup car to give circuit guidance and technical support. Since 2008, Nissan motorsport has added new classes and technology into the cars to help make this entry-level support even more accessible.
National privateer support:
SUPER GT GT300 class
Give technical support to privateer teams entering the Fairlady Z.
Super Taikyu series
Give technical support to privateer teams entering the ST-1 class or ST-3 class with a Fairlady Z.
Nissan Driver Development Program (NDDP)/Formula Challenge Japan (FCJ)
To educate young drivers and support the Formula Challenge Japan, FCJ, series started in 2006. Nismo will be responsible for the maintenance of engines managed by the organizers. In addition, Nismo will select four drivers as scholarship drivers and give them support to enter the FCJ.
Beginning 2007, to select a Nissan Advance Scholarship driver and send him to Formula Renault in England, where he will gain from the experience of racing in the competitive Formula Renault through one season.
To continue supporting Dongfeng Ghia Sports, a team entering the Nissan Tiida in the 1600cc class of the CCC (China Circuit Championship) touring car series since 2006.
In China, the CCC is the most competitive national championship for racing cars based on standard production cars. Dongfeng Nissan has a continuing partnership with leading Chinese team, Ghia Sports. The Tiida campaigned by Ghia Sports was first in 2005 and second in 2006.
Nissan South Africa has won the South African Off-Road Championship series for the last seven consecutive years. This year they will enter the series with the Nissan Navara pick-up truck. In addition, Nissan will compete in the South African Production Car Championship with a 350Z (Fairlady Z).
- ► 2016 (51)
- ► 2015 (31)
- ► 2014 (70)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2012 (95)
- ► 2011 (99)
- ► 2010 (206)
- ► 2009 (302)
- Its waiting for you Bdubb
- On the hood 1990 Fleetwood
- $130k 2009 Nissan GT-R ?
- NISSAN ANNOUNCES NEW 2008 SEASON MOTORSPORT PROGRA...
- RB26 , RB25 , RB20 , and other performance parts o...
- A couple of good photos
- A fool and his money....
- Tesla Sports Car Gets Air Bag Waiver
- 1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R in the US for sale. Impor...
- Nissan Skyline GT-R R33 Time Attack Nurburgring
- Low Snow
- Only 2.99 a gallon
- Edmunds.com-Inside Line - R34 GT-R at Nurburgring
- Gucci Cadillac
- $500,000 in grants to help three companies demonst...
- Yamaha agrees to $2 million settlement with ARB
- Edmunds.com GT-R owners meet video
- R33 GT-R in San Diego for sale
- Left hand drive R34 Nissan Skyline GT-R
- Evacuate the building
- R32 GT-R vs BMW 335i at Fontana
- 2Fast2Furious R34 Nitro car
- Seized R34's and S15 -
- R32 at Fontana
- GTR Toys
- New Helmet
- Green grass covered Caddy Limo
- Kaizo R34 GT-R Kit Car on Ebay
- 4 Engines , 4 Wheel Drive , Showboat
- Garage Saurus Carbon R32
- LED chrome tailights for an R32
- I wonder what he is going to get to cover this tat...
- Supaca imports - stealing information , and sellin...
- Carbon Fiber wheels
- Supaca Imports - Round 2
- NHRA Museum
- Hot Rod NHRA Museum
- New ride after the 240 got hit
- Orange and Silver
- I wonder what this is a picture of
- USS Tokyo Auction - GT-R sale day
- RB Motorsports Pictures from Tokyo Auto Salon
- Teenagers caught in Porsche Scam on Craigslist
- Secret Car Speed Limiter Trials
- Suburbans do damage
- 2007 new vehicle sales just short of 2005 record -...
- Formula DRIFT 2008 Focuses on Safety
- Vaughn Gittin Jr. and Team Falken partner up with ...
- Pro Street Drag Series UK
- Nissan GT-R GT500 Race car to debut at Tokyo Auto ...
- Ace Hardware to pay $850,000 for air quality viola...
- My Birthday is coming up soon , please buy this fo...
- Lewis Hamilton signs $138million deal , nice birth...
- New car sales reach 34 year low in Japan
- Not the way to fix a brake line.
- Chamco - Chinese made cars to be imported to the U...
- Deepak and Dustins New Years Eve Party
- Buick GNX # 359 - $107,980
- Rainbow in Florida
- High Performance Imports - M Speed R34
- This doesn't work like video games
- 4 Generations - R32 , R33 , R34 , R35
- ▼ January (63)
- ► 2007 (572)