San Mateo County merges onto Hydrogen Highway
Air Resources Board provides $250,000 for new hydrogen-powered
EAST PALO ALTO, Calif.: Saturday's "Ride into the Future"
transportation fair in East Palo Alto featured the area's first
hydrogen powered shuttle, funded in part by the California Air
A $250,000 grant for the state's Hydrogen Highway program
sponsored the shuttle that will take residents to stops between
the Palo Alto Caltrain Station and East Palo Alto. The new
shuttle, a Ford E-450, is powered by a supercharged 6.8-liter
V-10 engine modified to run exclusively on hydrogen.
"As we continue to wean ourselves off petroleum fuels, we will
see more and more hydrogen powered shuttles like this on our
roadways," said Mary Nichols, Chairman of the California Air
Resources Board. "This shuttle illustrates the great potential
hydrogen has to power California's vehicles and subsequently its
economy. Kudos to San Mateo County for taking the initiative on
this important cutting-edge project."
Governor Schwarzenegger created the Hydrogen Highway initiative
in 2004 to demonstrate hydrogen as a viable transportation fuel,
promote hydrogen transportation technologies and public
education, and facilitate California's transition to a hydrogen
economy. The program is designed to assure an infrastructure is
in place to refuel hydrogen based technologies as they become
commercially available. Presently 23 hydrogen stations are
available throughout California with more planned.
"Ford is the world's first automaker to deliver commercial
vehicles powered by internal combustion engines that are fueled
exclusively with hydrogen," said Sue Cischke, senior vice
president, Ford Motor Company, Sustainability, Environment and
Safety Engineering. "This bus represents part of our strategy
and commitment to delivering transportation solutions that emit
less CO2 and reduce our dependence on oil. We are honored to
have the opportunity to partner with the California Air
Resources Board and bring this unique bus to San Mateo County
residents." As part of its test fleet, Ford will deliver by
year's end 30 buses to customers across North America.
According to City/County Association of Governments Chair,
Deborah C. Gordon, "This program provides service to the Palo
Alto Caltrain station for the transit dependent community of
East Palo Alto in a manner that also advances the technology for
clean air vehicles."
For more information on shuttle routes go here,
For more information on hydrogen and the Hydrogen Highway go
here http://www.hydrogenhighway.ca.gov/ .
The Air Resources Board is a department of the California
Environmental Protection Agency. ARB's mission is to promote and
protect public health, welfare, and ecological resources through
effective reduction of air pollutants while recognizing and
considering effects on the economy. The ARB oversees all air
pollution control efforts in California to attain and maintain
health based air quality standards.
Buy USA Legal R32 and R34 Skylines at Importavehicle.com!
Monday, February 11, 2008
- ► 2016 (33)
- ► 2015 (31)
- ► 2014 (70)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2012 (95)
- ► 2011 (99)
- ► 2010 (206)
- ► 2009 (302)
- Formula DRIFT Expands International
- California has new E85 station open to the public
- ARB to give rebates to clean vehicle buyers
- R34 Skyline GT-R Black seats
- Super Taikyu Nissan Skyline GTR at the 3rd annual ...
- REARWARD-VIEWING CAMERAS AND SENSORS TO BECOME STA...
- Evo 6.5 California Registration
- Counterfit Chinese Scooters and Revoked Registrati...
- Nissan Motorsports Exhibition 2008
- Kart Factory
- 50s Ranch House
- Four inch Titanium Exhaust for an R33 GT-R
- Steering wheel
- Oil cooler
- GTRs in the US
- Jackson-Dawson and Scion Take a First and Second a...
- JDM parts galore - Blitz, Mugen , Silvia , Greddy
- Cleaning up inside
- Air Resources Board provides $250,000 for new hydr...
- Gorilla in the snow
- Ohare Oasis over the 294
- That says 6 degrees
- Biofuels - Worse than oil ?
- Nopi Drift Events 2008
- D1 Cancels 2008 Professional Drift Series in the U...
- Payday Loans
- MotoRex plate frame
- We made it
- What's all this white stuff on the ground ?
- Jacks back
- Leaving Springfield
- Skyline King - Someone that thinks he knows - but ...
- Steak and Shake
- Getting gas in Texas
- Don't Mess With Texas
- Breakfast of Champions
- Tastes like the leading chocolate sandwich creme c...
- Red booties
- Bedtime in Albuqueque
- Hit a retread on the highway
- Gas in Ash Fork , Arizona
- Arizona..come on raise up
- Dairy Queen
- Multimedia message
- Multimedia message
- Leaving RB
- R32 GTR's
- Loading up at Adams
- Chicagos Temperatures on Sunday
- Brian in the trunk
- 14" Dayton Wire wheel
- Road trip - Gucci Cadillac Fleetwood vs US40
- Let's Wok
- Nissan Skyline GT-R - R34 C-West Demo Car for sale...
- XS Engineering Clearance Specials
- E85 available in Los Angeles
- Wastegate made a crater
- Underground Motorsports RB26 powered S14
- Nissan Reports First Profit Rise in Five Quarters
- Rebates up to $5,000 for new electric and alternat...
- Prime Auto Auction
- ▼ February (69)
- ► 2007 (572)