ARB to give rebates to clean vehicle buyers
SACRAMENTO: The Air Resources Board is offering up to $5,000 in
rebates to Californians who purchase alternative fuel and
Overall, $1.62 million in funding will be dispensed under the
Fueling Alternatives rebate program administered by the
California Center for Sustainable Energy. The program is part of
$25 million of overall funding that came out of Assembly Bill
1811 -- authored by Speaker Fabian Nunez (D-Los Angeles) and
passed in 2007 -- which promotes alternative fuel infrastructure
and vehicles. The rebates are available for qualifying vehicles
that are purchased or leased between May 24, 2007 and March 31,
2009, unless funding runs out first.
Rebates up to $3,000 are available for Honda and BAF
Technologies compressed natural gas vehicles, $1,500 for the
Vectrix zero emission motorcycle, and between $950 and $1,300
for certain models of the GEM neighborhood electric vehicle. Up
to $5,000 is available for full-function zero emission vehicles
once they are added to the list of eligible vehicles
To receive a rebate, vehicles must be ARB-certified (with the
exception of zero emission motorcycles), comply with all federal
motor vehicle safety standards, and meet a minimum manufacturer
warranty. ARB staff are anticipating most of the rebates to be
taken up by consumers who have bought eligible vehicles since
last May, and have been waiting for the state funding to be
allocated before submitting their rebate applications.
For a complete listing of eligible vehicles, go to
"Through this program we are helping to create a market for
advanced technology that offsets the higher costs of alternative
fuel vehicles in the interest of bringing production levels up,"
said ARB Chairman Mary Nichols. "Kudos to the Governor and
Legislature for leveling the playing field in order to bring the
cleanest fleet of vehicles onto California roadways sooner."
ARB estimates that there are currently about 25,000 dedicated
alternative fuel vehicles in California, collectively saving
millions of gallons of gasoline each year while emitting fewer
pollutants than conventional internal combustion engines. To
find the cleanest cars available on the market today, visit
The Air Resources Board is a department of the California
Environmental Protection Agency. ARB's mission is to promote and
protect public health, welfare, and ecological resources through
effective reduction of air pollutants while recognizing and
considering effects on the economy. The ARB oversees all air
pollution control efforts in California to attain and maintain
health based air quality standards.
Buy USA Legal R32 and R34 Skylines at Importavehicle.com!
- ► 2016 (33)
- ► 2015 (31)
- ► 2014 (70)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2012 (95)
- ► 2011 (99)
- ► 2010 (206)
- ► 2009 (302)
- Formula DRIFT Expands International
- California has new E85 station open to the public
- ARB to give rebates to clean vehicle buyers
- R34 Skyline GT-R Black seats
- Super Taikyu Nissan Skyline GTR at the 3rd annual ...
- REARWARD-VIEWING CAMERAS AND SENSORS TO BECOME STA...
- Evo 6.5 California Registration
- Counterfit Chinese Scooters and Revoked Registrati...
- Nissan Motorsports Exhibition 2008
- Kart Factory
- 50s Ranch House
- Four inch Titanium Exhaust for an R33 GT-R
- Steering wheel
- Oil cooler
- GTRs in the US
- Jackson-Dawson and Scion Take a First and Second a...
- JDM parts galore - Blitz, Mugen , Silvia , Greddy
- Cleaning up inside
- Air Resources Board provides $250,000 for new hydr...
- Gorilla in the snow
- Ohare Oasis over the 294
- That says 6 degrees
- Biofuels - Worse than oil ?
- Nopi Drift Events 2008
- D1 Cancels 2008 Professional Drift Series in the U...
- Payday Loans
- MotoRex plate frame
- We made it
- What's all this white stuff on the ground ?
- Jacks back
- Leaving Springfield
- Skyline King - Someone that thinks he knows - but ...
- Steak and Shake
- Getting gas in Texas
- Don't Mess With Texas
- Breakfast of Champions
- Tastes like the leading chocolate sandwich creme c...
- Red booties
- Bedtime in Albuqueque
- Hit a retread on the highway
- Gas in Ash Fork , Arizona
- Arizona..come on raise up
- Dairy Queen
- Multimedia message
- Multimedia message
- Leaving RB
- R32 GTR's
- Loading up at Adams
- Chicagos Temperatures on Sunday
- Brian in the trunk
- 14" Dayton Wire wheel
- Road trip - Gucci Cadillac Fleetwood vs US40
- Let's Wok
- Nissan Skyline GT-R - R34 C-West Demo Car for sale...
- XS Engineering Clearance Specials
- E85 available in Los Angeles
- Wastegate made a crater
- Underground Motorsports RB26 powered S14
- Nissan Reports First Profit Rise in Five Quarters
- Rebates up to $5,000 for new electric and alternat...
- Prime Auto Auction
- ▼ February (69)
- ► 2007 (572)