ARB posts record year for enforcement
Cases net more than 100 tons of emissions reductions
SACRAMENTO - The Air Resources Board closed over 3,400
enforcement actions totaling nearly $30 million in penalties
against entities doing business in California in 2007, a
five-fold increase over 2006 penalties that resulted in more
than 100 tons of emissions reductions.
State enforcers closed 3,442 cases, collecting $29.8 million in
fines. Three of the cases - Sierra Pacific Industries, Yamaha
Motor Corporation, USA and the Evergreen Pulp Mill in Humboldt
County - accounted for $21 million of the overall penalties
assessed. Most of the money collected was used for localized
emissions reductions programs and to train workers in complying
with state air pollution regulations.
"Businesses that play by the rules and meet their pollution
control requirements obligations can rest assured that we are
catching and fining those that don't," said ARB Chairman Mary
Nichols. "Our rules aimed at cleaning California's skies are
only effective if they are enforced. With an estimated 93
percent of our population still living in areas that fail to
meet federal health standards, we must continue to do all that
we can to ensure our factories, vehicles, engines and consumer
products meet our stringent requirements.”
Over the course of the year, ARB staff inspected over:
* 20,000 heavy duty vehicles;
* 1,500 commercial vehicles and school buses;
* 1,900 locomotives;
* 1,900 cargo tanks;
* 2,500 consumer products;
* 1,900 trash trucks; and
* 9,900 heavy duty diesel vehicles in low income
Additionally, inspectors checked the quality of more than 915
million gallons of gasoline and 350 million gallons of diesel.
ARB continues to add more resources to its enforcement staff to
ensure that business and industry complies with state air
pollution laws, including several newly adopted and proposed
measures to reduce diesel emissions from trucks and marine
For more on ARB's 2007 enforcement accomplishments, go to:
The Air Resources Board is a department of the California
Environmental Protection Agency. ARB's mission is to promote and
protect public health, welfare, and ecological resources through
effective reduction of air pollutants while recognizing and
considering effects on the economy. The ARB oversees all air
pollution control efforts in California to attain and maintain
health based air quality standards.
Buy USA Legal R32 and R34 Skylines at Importavehicle.com!
- ► 2016 (48)
- ► 2015 (31)
- ► 2014 (70)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2012 (95)
- ► 2011 (99)
- ► 2010 (206)
- ► 2009 (302)
- Japanese Muscle: Part 4 of 10. Nissan Skyline GT-R...
- Japanese Muscle: Part 3 of 10. Nissan Skyline GT-R...
- 911 vs some solid object
- Loading Flatrack
- Formula DRIFT Round 3: The Gauntlet Moves to Engli...
- Japanese Muscle: Part 2 of 10. Nissan Skyline GT-R...
- Some cars. Somewhere . Fast and Furious 4 Behind t...
- Japanese Muscle: Part 1 of 10. Nissan Skyline GT-R...
- Irwindale Opening up for more Sunday 1/8th mile Dr...
- OLD-CAR EMISSIONS EXEMPTION NO LONGER THREATENED I...
- KPGC10 GT-R - 9.9 million yen
- KTLA 5 Morning News Skyline GT-R
- 1990 Nissan Motorsports Australia Promotional Vide...
- R33 GT-R GTS carbon fiber front grill
- ARB posts record year for enforcement
- GTR 700 - Headed Back to the Drag Strip , OZ Recor...
- Simpson racing suit still fits
- RB26 , RB26DETT engine gaskets on Ebay
- RB26 parts on Ebay
- Targa Newfoundland - Never Quit Racing WRX
- Targa Newfoundland - Wooden Bridge
- Targa Newfoundland - Teaser Video
- Mines R35 GT-R FNF4
- IDRC Finals from 2000
- Targa Newfoundland - What not to do video
- Targa Newfoundland - Paint Schemes
- Like the freeway, but its a gas price
- Targa Newfoundland
- Panda Express says:
- Oldsmobile logo
- Flip a Bitch contest
- Multimedia message
- Universal City Nissan
- R33 Nissan Skyline GT-R's at Universal City Nissan...
- Burger King Musica
- This truck won't go faster than 72mph.
- Green Boxes
- I bought a ton of magazines
- California: Police Raid Car Enthusiast Gathering, ...
- Mid-Century Modern
- How not to wire up an engine
- How Big Wood Got its Name
- How Godzilla got its name
- ▼ April (44)
- ► 2007 (572)