Trash hauler failed to test diesel fleet for excess emissions,
properly label vehicles
SACRAMENTO - The California Air Resources Board last week
imposed Crown Disposal Company, Inc., with more than $88,000 in
fines for a two-year failure to inspect their diesel trucks for
compliance with the state's smoke emissions standards, and for
violation of trash hauler rules.
Crown Disposal, based in Sun Valley, Calif., will pay $88,275
following an ARB investigation that found the company failed to
conduct diesel truck smoke tests in 2005 and 2006. Further, a
small number of Crown Disposal's trucks were missing
ARB-required labels for solid waste collection vehicles.
"Compliance with California clean air laws is not an option - it
is a requirement," said ARB Chairman Mary Nichols. "Our
enforcement teams are on the lookout for business owners who
Under the penalty, Crown Disposal must:
* Ensure that staff responsible for compliance with the
diesel truck emission inspection program attend diesel education
courses and provide certificates of completion within one year;
* Instruct vehicle operators to comply with the state's
* Complete heavy-duty diesel engine software and control
technology upgrades in compliance with regulations;
* Supply all smoke inspection records to ARB for the next
four years; and
* Properly label engines to ensure compliance with the
engine emissions certification program regulations.
The California Air Pollution Control Fund, established to
mitigate various sources of pollution through education and the
advancement and use of cleaner technology, will receive
$66,206.25. The remainder will go to the Peralta Community
College District to fund diesel education classes.
The South Coast region faces serious particulate matter and
ozone problems. A decade ago, the ARB listed diesel particulate
matter as a toxic air contaminant in order to protect public
health. Exposure to unsafe levels of diesel emissions can
increase the risk of asthma, bronchitis and other respiratory
The Air Resources Board is a department of the California
Environmental Protection Agency. ARB's mission is to promote and
protect public health, welfare, and ecological resources through
effective reduction of air pollutants while recognizing and
considering effects on the economy. The ARB oversees all air
pollution control efforts in California to attain and maintain
health based air quality standards.
The energy challenge facing California is real. Every
Californian needs to take immediate action to reduce energy
consumption. For a list of simple ways you can reduce demand and
cut your energy cost, see our web site at http://www.arb.ca.gov
Buy USA Legal R32 and R34 Skylines at Importavehicle.com!
- ► 2016 (33)
- ► 2015 (31)
- ► 2014 (70)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2012 (95)
- ► 2011 (99)
- ► 2010 (206)
- ► 2009 (302)
- Wrapped around a pole
- ARB cites Apria Health Care $14,000 for air qualit...
- Japanese Muscle: Part 7of 10. Nissan Skyline GT-R
- 1928 Ford engine
- 2009 Nissan Maxima : Motor Trend Test
- Exedy Triple Plate Carbon Clutch Push for R32 GT-R...
- Regrow an Arm, or a Finger, with Magic Pixie Dust
- 1/43 Ebbro Skyline GT-R JGTC test car
- 1982 Mercedes 300D - Turbo Diesel for Sale
- If you fall off, you should get right back on.
- I heart nitrous
- Targa Newfoundland - Updates - Prepping for Paint ...
- Speedhunters website goes live
- GMC Typhoon launches in reverse
- July 2008 Sport Compact Car
- Left hand drive ( LHD ) Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 fo...
- Big Bird R33 Skyline GT-R off the two step
- Japanese Muscle: Part 6 of 10. Nissan Skyline GT-R...
- Better than a Hybrid: Buy a used car
- 2009 Nissan Maxima unveiling at Stillen
- HKS GT-RS turbos. Nissan Skyline GT-R RB26DETT
- Targa Newfoundland - Preping for Paint
- Nissan 370Z picture and information
- LIVE SOCKETS BATTLE SERIES REVS UP AT CALIFORNIA S...
- Nissan Skyline GT-R : Japanese Muscle 5 of 10
- ARB cites Source Interlink and Wingfoot Commercial...
- Nissan R34 GT-R Service Manual in English
- Nissan GT 2012 Mid-term Business Plan Unveiled
- ARB proposes new rule to clean up state trucks, bu...
- New Nissan S16 Silvia ?
- Ethanol Alternatives Stuck in the Slow Lane
- GRID Match : Bonus Clips. Flip a Bitch Contest
- GRID Match : Part 4 of 4. Flip a Bitch Contest
- GRID Match : Part 3 of 4. Flip a Bitch Contest
- R32 GT-R passing a Viper in the Canyons
- Big Bird R33 GT-R burnout video
- Building a Beast
- ARB Fines Crown Disposal Company $88,000
- Targa Newfoundland - Updates - Wheels
- GRID Match : Part 2 of 4. Flip a Bitch Contest
- GRID Match : Part 1 of 4. Flip a Bitch Contest
- Mr. Sweet
- ▼ May (42)
- ► 2007 (572)