Cosworth showed their new head gaskets for the VR38DETT engine at the 2009 SEMA Show. There were not many details available at the show, but Cosworth products are always top notch, tested and engineered parts.
Cosworth High Performance Head Gaskets are engineered to seal in power under the most demanding conditions. Constructed from stainless steel with a folded stopper layer, each application features superior sealing compared to conventional multi layer steel gaskets. Additionally, Cosworth High Performance Head Gaskets are manufactured from pre-coated die cut stainless steel resulting in uniform coating distribution and consistent shape.
- Engineered specifically for sleeved large bore applications
- Individual die cut layers of stainless steel with superior consistency compared to laser cut gaskets
- Pre-coated stainless steel with a 0.25 micron layer of nitrile rubber ensures consistent distribution of coating with no high or low areas
- Manufacturing dimensional tolerance of +/- 0.001
- Die cut manufacturing process ensures smooth edges, unlike laser cut gaskets
- Cosworth gaskets feature a folded stopper layer for additional torque around each cylinder. The width of sealing area is specific for each application thereby providing ultimate sealing properties
- Available in a range of thicknesses for specific applications