|Super Taikyu R34 N1 with NISMO built engine. Altia R34 as ran in World Challenge in the USA.|
Buy USA Legal R32 Skylines at Importavehicle.com!
Buy-R.com for Nissan Skyline GT-R and GT-R parts.
|Stock exhaust cam in an RB26 head|
- The RB26 has a long camshaft. If you are not careful when loosening or tightening it, you can snap it in half.
- Shim under bucket means the camshaft will be in and out of the head a few times to get the clearance correct
- If you are using aftermarket parts, try and use them as a set. Camshaft, springs, buckets, retainers. Mixing and matching is a recipe for disaster.
- More than around 9.15 mm of lift needs cam lobe clearance. The head needs to come off, and it has to be ground to clear for a tall lobe, UNLESS its a 30 mm base circle cam, and under about 11.15 lift.
- Small base circle cams NEED taller buckets, or custom shims.
Valve clearance Intake cold - 0.45 mm +/- 0.03 mm
Valve clearance Exhaust cold - 0.38 mm +/- 0.03 mm