Buy USA Legal R32 and R34 Skylines at Importavehicle.com!
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Sumo Power Breaks 4WD Drag Record with FUUJIN GTR!
With a personal best for the car of 8.27 @ 164mph, we later run 8.40 @ 161mph and 8.45 @ 162mph which backs up the time in accordance to MSA regulations of claiming a 'record' ( two runs on the same day within 1% of each other ).
Andy Barnes, Driver and Sumo MD said :
' Regaining the 4WD record is a positive step for us and we are pleased to back on top after retiring our old car back in 2004 when it also held the record. FUUJIN's real development has only just started and bearing in mind the car has only ever run 4 times since we built it a year ago from new, 8.2 is a good result when we consider we are still only using 900bhp and intend to run in excess of 1200bhp in the latter stages of the cars development. Without doubt the most impressive part of the run is the 60 feet time which was 1.23 seconds proving that the new Toyo Drag slicks are working well with our setup, outperforming all other Japanese drag car competitors who are yet to realise the potential of these tyres '
FUUJIN's development continues and we intend to run the car again in the New Year as the weather will now limit the cars performance ( as it is winter time in the UK very soon ), giving us time to make some changes to the car and further increase the power of the HKS engine.
Andy added ' We are aiming for 2008 to be the year that we see the first 7 second pass from the car and that will be the new target and schedule for the car, it will be difficult but we will push hard to make FUUJIN quicker '
Thank you to all our crew and those who continue to help us, to see our sponsors and the parts we use to make FUUJIN a record breaker, please visit our website : www.sumopower.com
at 8:02 PM
- ► 2016 (47)
- ► 2015 (31)
- ► 2014 (70)
- ► 2013 (120)
- ► 2012 (95)
- ► 2011 (99)
- ► 2010 (206)
- ► 2009 (302)
- ► 2008 (530)
- Mikes Time Attack Sentra
- SEMA show
- Sema Nissan booth
- Honda Party
- Oh I dont believe its not butter - or R33 GT-R Eba...
- 8 mpg
- Suzuki concept wheels - Roman chariot style
- Turbo Astrovan
- But wait - theres more Nissan Skyline GT-R on eBay...
- Once again - Once again its on - Ebay R33 GT-R
- Mines R34
- Barbies Hummerlimo
- Nissan S16 : Updated 2011
- USA Today
- Nissan GT-R Vspec arriving in 2009
- RB Wheels website - Used JDM wheels
- Greenland is melting - oh no - the sky is falling
- D1 GRAND PRIX ANNOUNCES NEW USA CHAMPIONSHIP POINT...
- Ultimate Street Car Challenge 2007 video - USCC
- Nissan Skyline buying guide - Car Magazine UK
- 7:38:54 Nurburgring - Nissan GT-R - Video
- Red R35 GT-R. Red is faster
- 7:38:54 Nurburgring - Nissan GT-R
- Nissan announces new Nissan GT-R - Press release
- R35 GT-R full specifications from Nissan
- Once again its on - Ebay R33 GT-R
- 2009 GT-R - Nissan email
- Its ashy outside. LA is burning down
- 2009 GT-R on Japanese TV
- Glenn Ivy
- My Kak and I
- TaTou ProMo Party
- At Pomona
- 2JZ alternative fuel
- Alternative Vehicle Expo
- Big Nasty on the dyno
- Redline TV Features JD Scion tC on SPEED Channel
- R34 Ultimate Street Car Challenge 2007
- Road and Track 2009 GT-R article
- Car and Driver 2009 GT-R article.
- SuperCarlos - GT-R Supastar - 7:38
- Merritts first Autoblog post
- An old GT-R photo
- Nissan to enhance sales, technical support service...
- 2009 Nissan GT-R - the highlights
- Autoweek - 2009 GT-R test drive
- 2009 GT-R Horsepower and 1/4 mile specs.
- Getting closer
- More new 2009 GT-R pics
- 2009 GT-R pictures and info from Autoweek
- 2009 Nissan GT-R revealed on cover of Motor Trend ...
- The Pedal-to-the-Metal, Totally Illegal, Cross-Cou...
- Sims Designer Had the Wright Stuff for Street Raci...
- Dromo1 new sticky tires
- Panda Expressing myself
- This is why ceramic exhaust wheels suck
- Inland Wholesale Auto Center
- Hot Rod Power Tour 2000
- Getting finish
- In Car 228 mph standing mile Supra
- Gore's Film Too Political For Schools
- ARB Settles with San Joaquin Valley's A.L. Gilbert...
- DirtGarage runs 9's on low mount turbos
- Texas Mile - Toyota Supra 228.7 mph
- WOTM Drag Invitaional in Phoenix, Arizona
- Headgasket test
- Upcoming events
- Sumo Power Breaks 4WD Drag Record with FUUJIN GTR!...
- Brinks to pay $147,000 to CARB for pollutions viol...
- 1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec for sale
- Modified Twin turbo pipe
- Nice reason for selling this R34 GT-R
- Honda V10 F1 engine on the dyno
- 1974 Gone in 60 Seconds final chase scene
- Hybrid cars song
- Honda makes fun of Prius
- The fast and the fatal: street racing fatal crashe...
- R34 Need for Speed
- Youtube randomness
- Interesting car database website
- 1984 Corvette Commerical
- Special "kurz" edition IS250
- Subaru Tskubua Challenge
- Interview with Mine's Niikura Michizo: GT-R Super ...
- I spent $700 on ho's today
- ▼ October (89)